WEDNESDAY APRIL 19TH:
- Joey Dosik @ Cyprus Avenue (8.30pm, €15)
Jazz/fusion/soul multi-instrumentalist who started turning heads in this neck of the woods while supporting Wulfpeck.
- The Bonk @ Connolly’s of Leap (9pm, €10)
Phil Christie and his wondrous garage-rock explorations return, launching second single Cipher.
THURSDAY APRIL 20TH:
- The Bonk & Patrick Freeman @ Coughlan’s (9pm, €10)
Night two of a two-night midweek expedition. Singer-songwriter/Bonk co-conspirator Patrick Freeman double-headlines.
- Paul McLoone Show Live @ Connolly’s of Leap (9pm, free)
TodayFM’s flagship music programme goes under the Hammers for a live excursion.
- Ariel Posen @ Lee Delta Blues Club (9.30pm, free)
JUNO-winning singer songwriter takes to the Leeside House of Blues for a set with local musicians.
- The Dijon Babes & Slyrydes @ Crane Lane Theatre (midnight, free)
A double-whammy of no-nonsense Dublin rock ‘n’ roll from The Dijon Babes, and new-wave revivalism from Slyrydes.
FRIDAY APRIL 21ST:
- Hermitage Green @ Ballymaloe Grainstore (€25)
Four-part harmonies and folk-pop balladeering out in Darina Allen country.
SATURDAY APRIL 22ND:
- Record Store Day @ PLUGD Records (afternoon, free)
Announcing tonight on the store’s Facebook. Keep an eye out.
- Record Store Day @ Golden Discs (12.20, free)
Anna Mitchell, Jack O’Rourke, Marlene Enright, Clare Sands and The Grunts all perform live in-store.
- Record Store Day @ Bunker Vinyl (afternoon, free)
RSD stock in the morning, and live acoustic tunes in the afternoon. More details as they’re announced.
- Record Store Day @ Records & Relics (afternoon, free)
Live music, DJs, wine and cheese. More details as they’re announced.
- Record Store Day @ Music Zone, Douglas (11am, free)
Anna Mitchell, Jack O’Rourke, Marlene Enright and Raising Jupiter all perform instore.
- Cuttin’ Heads Collective @ The Poor Relation (8pm, free)
Live turntablism and general hip-hop bangers are on the cards for the Cuttin’ Heads’ latest excursion. Very high probability of skratchin’.
- We Cut Corners @ Cyprus Avenue (9pm, 12.50)
Choice-nominated duo continue touring acclaimed album ‘The Cadences of Others’.
- Solardo @ Cyprus Avenue (11pm, €17.50)
Mark Richards and James Elliot bring their live house/techno set to the room upstairs on Caroline Street.
SUNDAY APRIL 23RD:
- Purple Brain, Purple Brain @ Gulpd Cafe (12.30pm, free)
Lunchtime with the Purple One in the form of an all-Prince DJ set, courtesy of local enthusiast Mr. K.
- RINSED @ The Vicarstown Bar (5.30pm, free)
A late afternoon of leisurely house, techno and other such business from the Vinyl Below crew.
- Sunday Times @ The Bowery (7pm, free)
The Sunday Times residents are joined this month by Eoin from Galway night Shivers, now also a regular fixture for Dublin Digital Radio.
- Áine Cahill @ Cyprus Avenue (8.30pm, €10)
Cavan songstress hits Cyprus Avenue while touring after releasing single ‘Plastic’
- Crushed Out @ Crane Lane Theatre (midnight, free)
Surf-rock/garage-type volume from US two-piece on debut UK/Irish excursion.