Loose Joints is new podcast hosted by Nialler9 and Sally Cinnamon talking to people about the music they love: old and new.
For number three we are joined by Emmet Kirwan, actor and writer. You might know him from his brilliant stage show Dublin Old School, Just Saying or most recently Thisispopbaby’s RIOT show at the Fringe.
Our musical selection is banger-heavy and our chat takes in losing your hearing in Ibiza, your ideal funeral songs, we agonise over our guilty pleasure choices and Emmet explains the appeal of Mark Morrison’s Get Horny, Sally explains the torrid appeal of “the mortify human saveloy that is Simply Red” and backbreakers.
Also available in Stitcher, Pocket Casts and TuneIn.
- Young Marco – Dreamless
- Falcons – Aquafina feat. GoldLink & Chaz French
- Chance The Rapper’s All Night (Kaytranada remix)
- What tune or band takes you back to your youth the most?
Dusty Kid – Tsunamy
- A song you’d like played at your funeral?
Souls Of Mischief – 93 Til Infinity
- Solange – Cranes In The Sky (Kaytranada remix)
- A song that reminds you of family:
The Housemartins – Caravan Of Love
- Nxworries – Lyk Dis
- Guilty Pleasures:
Mark Morrison – Get Horny
- Enya – Sail Away
- Simply Red – Stars
- A song that gets you inspired
El-P – The Full Retard
- Lil Silva – De Ja (feat. Kent Jamz)
Special thanks to Sean Corcoran for facilitating recording.
Posted on October 25th, 2016