I’ve written about Gallops here before, the propulsive Welsh post-rock Wrexham band whose sound runs in tandem to the kind of energy Ireland’s bands have been displaying in the last few years. By the sounds of new track ‘G Is For Jaile’, the band are still sounding vital. The song bursts out of the blocks with kaleidosopic taut riffs and rhythms, but it’s the unfolding into the second half of morse code, beats and synths that gets me. Production Matt Calvert from Three Trapped Tigers.
Comments are closed.
Upcoming Nialler9 Events
- The 25 best gigs & events in Dublin city this week10 hours ago
- Spekulativ Fiktion and Mankyy pen their ‘Epilogue’12 hours ago
- Fever Ray is back; here’s a video teaser of what’s coming16 hours ago
- Here are the gigs cancelled around Ireland due to Storm Ophelia16 hours ago
- RHA’s Hennessy Lost Fridays is back this week with Come On Live Long, Columbia Mills & more20 hours ago
- Lumo Club, Sing Along Social & Caz9 for Connolly’s of Leap party on October 21st4 days ago
- Other Voices announces Belfast edition for later this month4 days ago
- 17 gigs and clubs to see in Cork this week5 days ago
- Overhead, The Albatross announce Christmas Dublin show5 days ago
- No significant jump for arts & culture funding as Budget 2018 falls short of promises6 days ago