I’ve written about Gallops here before, the propulsive Welsh post-rock Wrexham band whose sound runs in tandem to the kind of energy Ireland’s bands have been displaying in the last few years. By the sounds of new track ‘G Is For Jaile’, the band are still sounding vital. The song bursts out of the blocks with kaleidosopic taut riffs and rhythms, but it’s the unfolding into the second half of morse code, beats and synths that gets me. Production Matt Calvert from Three Trapped Tigers.
Comments are closed.
- Other Voices IMRO Other Room open call for new bands12 hours ago
- Electric Picnic stage times12 hours ago
- Listen to Papa Lou’s Electric Picnic Peace Pagoda mix – Clu Lagoon1 day ago
- Conor Oberst to play solo at Bord Gais Energy Theatre1 day ago
- Electric Picnic stage times2 days ago
- The Nialler9 Electric Picnic Mix 20165 days ago
- New Irish radio airplay charts are here via Yangaroo5 days ago
- 2FM’s Jenny Greene & The RTÉ Concert Orchestra will bring a new spin on dance classics at Electric Picnic5 days ago
- Here’s an Electric Picnic Spotify playlist with a song from every artist playing6 days ago
- Lynched to play biggest hometown show yet in Vicar Street6 days ago