I’ve written about Gallops here before, the propulsive Welsh post-rock Wrexham band whose sound runs in tandem to the kind of energy Ireland’s bands have been displaying in the last few years. By the sounds of new track ‘G Is For Jaile’, the band are still sounding vital. The song bursts out of the blocks with kaleidosopic taut riffs and rhythms, but it’s the unfolding into the second half of morse code, beats and synths that gets me. Production Matt Calvert from Three Trapped Tigers.
Comments are closed.
- The Gloaming are back in the National Concert Hall for a run in 20173 days ago
- DJ Yoda is doing a Stranger Things DJ set for Halloween in Dublin4 days ago
- David Kitt will release his first album in seven years on New Year’s Day 20174 days ago
- Gig news: Enemies, Rusangano Family, Fantasy 12, Syria Vibes, Nightmares On Wax and more4 days ago
- Dublin is getting a new club space – Wah Wah Club4 days ago
- Slick Rick is playing Dublin5 days ago
- Interstate is a new club night exploring the sound of U.S. cities6 days ago
- Kaytranada won the Polaris Music Prize last night6 days ago
- Skepta was overawed to win the Mercury Prize last night1 week ago
- Canalaphonic stage times are here1 week ago