I’ve written about Gallops here before, the propulsive Welsh post-rock Wrexham band whose sound runs in tandem to the kind of energy Ireland’s bands have been displaying in the last few years. By the sounds of new track ‘G Is For Jaile’, the band are still sounding vital. The song bursts out of the blocks with kaleidosopic taut riffs and rhythms, but it’s the unfolding into the second half of morse code, beats and synths that gets me. Production Matt Calvert from Three Trapped Tigers.
Comments are closed.
- Body&Soul Announces Wonderlust Stage: Goldie, Anderson, Anna B Savage, Ye Vagabonds & more
- Mitski to kick off Irish tour in Dublin
- Play piano like Nils Frahm with his new sheet music book
- The Beatyard add Boney M, Jape & Rubberbandits
- Interlude Festival announce day-by-day breakdown
- Galway International Arts Festival: Villagers, Dan Deacon, BellX1, Pleasure Beach, Optimo, Suede & more
- The Nialler9 Dublin Gig Guide // May 24 – 30
- Life Festival release stage times & site map
- Boiler Room returns to Dublin on June Bank Holiday Monday
- Stage times for Forbidden Fruit announced
Upcoming Nialler9 Events
Saturday May 21st
Join Nialler9, Gav Elsted and Simon Roche for a new monthly club night of eclectic selections across genres. Electronic to classic pop to italo to indie and beyond.