I’ve written about Gallops here before, the propulsive Welsh post-rock Wrexham band whose sound runs in tandem to the kind of energy Ireland’s bands have been displaying in the last few years. By the sounds of new track ‘G Is For Jaile’, the band are still sounding vital. The song bursts out of the blocks with kaleidosopic taut riffs and rhythms, but it’s the unfolding into the second half of morse code, beats and synths that gets me. Production Matt Calvert from Three Trapped Tigers.
Comments are closed.
- Here’s the moment John Grant surprised Claire Beck live on TXFM8 hours ago
- Metropolis Festival announce stage times & DJs17 hours ago
- Tegan and Sara for Vicar Street 2017 show20 hours ago
- Repeal Project, Andy Warhol Silver Clouds and other installations announced for Metropolis Festival1 day ago
- Cork Gig Guide – Jazz Festival edition1 day ago
- New record store Head Records to open in Liffey Valley4 days ago
- The posthumous Prince releases are coming next month4 days ago
- Dublin Bowie Festival announces lineup of events5 days ago
- Radiohead confirmed for Glastonbury 20175 days ago
- Gig news: Hamilton Leithauser, Badly Drawn Boy, Kristin Hersh, Soma, Young Marco, R.S.A.G. & more6 days ago