I’ve written about Gallops here before, the propulsive Welsh post-rock Wrexham band whose sound runs in tandem to the kind of energy Ireland’s bands have been displaying in the last few years. By the sounds of new track ‘G Is For Jaile’, the band are still sounding vital. The song bursts out of the blocks with kaleidosopic taut riffs and rhythms, but it’s the unfolding into the second half of morse code, beats and synths that gets me. Production Matt Calvert from Three Trapped Tigers.
Comments are closed.
- Support Breathe, a charity album for Pieta House
- Longitude add 45 acts: Run The Jewels, Daughter, Diplo, Kurt Vile, Kelela, Christine & The Queens…
- Forbidden Fruit announce: Pusha T, Leftfield, Kerri Chandler, Brame & Hamo & more
- The Lumo Club DJ Chart
- Forbidden Fruit afterparties featuring Jungle, Groove Armada, Jackmaster, Tiga & more
- Castlepalooza announce new acts including Daphni, New Jackson, Slow Readers’ Club, Steve Davis…
- The Nialler9 Dublin Gig Guide – May Bank Holiday edition
- Starboard Home – an album inspired by Dublin port announces tracklist & gigs
- The Beatyard announce George Clinton, Roy Ayers, Snarky Puppy, Daniel Wang, Charles Bradley…
- Prince is dead