I’ve written about Gallops here before, the propulsive Welsh post-rock Wrexham band whose sound runs in tandem to the kind of energy Ireland’s bands have been displaying in the last few years. By the sounds of new track ‘G Is For Jaile’, the band are still sounding vital. The song bursts out of the blocks with kaleidosopic taut riffs and rhythms, but it’s the unfolding into the second half of morse code, beats and synths that gets me. Production Matt Calvert from Three Trapped Tigers.
Comments are closed.
Upcoming Nialler9 Events
- Rostam, Villagers, Aldous Harding, Lisa Hannigan and more for The National Donnybrook shows3 hours ago
- 15 gigs and clubs to see in Limerick city this week21 hours ago
- The all-star gig of Irish musicians covering The Replacements is happening again next week1 day ago
- Life Festival announce first four acts for 20181 day ago
- 2017 – A year of pop music in review4 days ago
- Caz9’s live set in Whelan’s at 1am tonight streamed as part of Moogfest4 days ago
- Young Hearts Run Free’s Christmas Yule show has moved venue4 days ago
- Bicep for three Irish dates next year5 days ago
- Turning Pirate’s NYE Mix Tape lineup is here5 days ago
- 18 gigs and clubs to see in Cork City this weekend6 days ago