Not many bands can say their debut gig took place in The Vatican but Cat’s Eyes, a duo consisting of The Horror’s singer Faris Badwan and the Canadian opera soprano Rachel Zeffira (who plays piano, violin, English horn, oboe, cathedral organ, harmoniuma and Indian tambura) did just that. The contrast between the scornful-sounding rocker and classical musician is at the heart of Cat’s Eyes appeal as they take on ’60s girl group sounds with psychedelic tropes, synthesizers and multi-tracked vocals. It’s an expansive project. The album came out yesterday in the UK. Listen to 30-second samples after the jump or check out three full songs from it first.
Comments are closed.
- New Irish radio airplay charts are here via Yangaroo13 hours ago
- 2FM’s Jenny Greene & The RTÉ Concert Orchestra will bring a new spin on dance classics at Electric Picnic16 hours ago
- The Nialler9 Electric Picnic Mix 201622 hours ago
- Lynched to play biggest hometown show yet in Vicar Street1 day ago
- Salty Dog lineup for Electric Picnic: David Kitt, Bronagh Gallagher, Kormac, Áine Cahill & more2 days ago
- Metropolis add Clams Casino, Novelist, Floating Points, Shura, Klangkarussell & more2 days ago
- Chance The Rapper’s Dublin shows rescheduled & moved but there are now 23 days ago
- Gig news: Pumarosa, Hare Squead, Bishop Nehru, The Redneck Manifesto, Nite Jewel & more3 days ago
- Here’s an Electric Picnic Spotify playlist with a song from every artist playing3 days ago
- Casa Bacardi Electric Picnic stage times announced4 days ago