Not many bands can say their debut gig took place in The Vatican but Cat’s Eyes, a duo consisting of The Horror’s singer Faris Badwan and the Canadian opera soprano Rachel Zeffira (who plays piano, violin, English horn, oboe, cathedral organ, harmoniuma and Indian tambura) did just that. The contrast between the scornful-sounding rocker and classical musician is at the heart of Cat’s Eyes appeal as they take on ’60s girl group sounds with psychedelic tropes, synthesizers and multi-tracked vocals. It’s an expansive project. The album came out yesterday in the UK. Listen to 30-second samples after the jump or check out three full songs from it first.
Comments are closed.
- Support Breathe, a charity album for Pieta House
- Longitude add 45 acts: Run The Jewels, Daughter, Diplo, Kurt Vile, Kelela, Christine & The Queens…
- Forbidden Fruit announce: Pusha T, Leftfield, Kerri Chandler, Brame & Hamo & more
- The Lumo Club DJ Chart
- Forbidden Fruit afterparties featuring Jungle, Groove Armada, Jackmaster, Tiga & more
- Castlepalooza announce new acts including Daphni, New Jackson, Slow Readers’ Club, Steve Davis…
- The Nialler9 Dublin Gig Guide – May Bank Holiday edition
- Starboard Home – an album inspired by Dublin port announces tracklist & gigs
- The Beatyard announce George Clinton, Roy Ayers, Snarky Puppy, Daniel Wang, Charles Bradley…
- Prince is dead
Upcoming Nialler9 Events
Saturday May 21st
Join Nialler9, Gav Elsted and Simon Roche for a new monthly club night of eclectic selections across genres. Electronic to classic pop to italo to indie and beyond.