This week sees the label release Florene’s Homemade Extacy, the Denton, Texas duo’s album and their first proper release on Waaga after a series of EPs, singles and cassettes (one is downloadable). It’s a mix of the kind of electronic live band rushes provided by the likes of Fuck Buttons and Holy Fuck with dark atmospherics, industrial sounds and a whole lot of swathing synths of the likes of doom-friendly SALEM. Homemade Extacy is chock-full of dirty digital noise, echoing shadowy vocals, ephemeral glimpses of rhythm, seemingly contradictory hi-NRG drones and twisted rhythms.
Comments are closed.
- The Nialler9 Electric Picnic Mix 20161 day ago
- New Irish radio airplay charts are here via Yangaroo1 day ago
- 2FM’s Jenny Greene & The RTÉ Concert Orchestra will bring a new spin on dance classics at Electric Picnic1 day ago
- Lynched to play biggest hometown show yet in Vicar Street3 days ago
- Salty Dog lineup for Electric Picnic: David Kitt, Bronagh Gallagher, Kormac, Áine Cahill & more3 days ago
- Metropolis add Clams Casino, Novelist, Floating Points, Shura, Klangkarussell & more3 days ago
- Chance The Rapper’s Dublin shows rescheduled & moved but there are now 24 days ago
- Gig news: Pumarosa, Hare Squead, Bishop Nehru, The Redneck Manifesto, Nite Jewel & more4 days ago
- Here’s an Electric Picnic Spotify playlist with a song from every artist playing5 days ago
- Casa Bacardi Electric Picnic stage times announced5 days ago