This week sees the label release Florene’s Homemade Extacy, the Denton, Texas duo’s album and their first proper release on Waaga after a series of EPs, singles and cassettes (one is downloadable). It’s a mix of the kind of electronic live band rushes provided by the likes of Fuck Buttons and Holy Fuck with dark atmospherics, industrial sounds and a whole lot of swathing synths of the likes of doom-friendly SALEM. Homemade Extacy is chock-full of dirty digital noise, echoing shadowy vocals, ephemeral glimpses of rhythm, seemingly contradictory hi-NRG drones and twisted rhythms.
Comments are closed.
- Cork Gig Guide – Jazz Festival edition1 hour ago
- New record store Head Records to open in Liffey Valley3 days ago
- The posthumous Prince releases are coming next month3 days ago
- Dublin Bowie Festival announces lineup of events3 days ago
- Radiohead confirmed for Glastonbury 20173 days ago
- Gig news: Hamilton Leithauser, Badly Drawn Boy, Kristin Hersh, Soma, Young Marco, R.S.A.G. & more4 days ago
- Lynched are changing their name due to “the systematic treatment of black people in the USA”4 days ago
- Watch a mini-documentary about Knockanstockan – ‘A Ten Year Story’5 days ago
- Fabric booker to speak about club closure & culture at Metropolis Festival6 days ago
- Emigrant Disco announces date and lineup: John Daly, David Kitt and more6 days ago