This week sees the label release Florene’s Homemade Extacy, the Denton, Texas duo’s album and their first proper release on Waaga after a series of EPs, singles and cassettes (one is downloadable). It’s a mix of the kind of electronic live band rushes provided by the likes of Fuck Buttons and Holy Fuck with dark atmospherics, industrial sounds and a whole lot of swathing synths of the likes of doom-friendly SALEM. Homemade Extacy is chock-full of dirty digital noise, echoing shadowy vocals, ephemeral glimpses of rhythm, seemingly contradictory hi-NRG drones and twisted rhythms.
Comments are closed.
- The Gloaming are back in the National Concert Hall for a run in 20176 days ago
- DJ Yoda is doing a Stranger Things DJ set for Halloween in Dublin1 week ago
- David Kitt will release his first album in seven years on New Year’s Day 20171 week ago
- Gig news: Enemies, Rusangano Family, Fantasy 12, Syria Vibes, Nightmares On Wax and more1 week ago
- Dublin is getting a new club space – Wah Wah Club1 week ago
- Slick Rick is playing Dublin1 week ago
- Interstate is a new club night exploring the sound of U.S. cities1 week ago
- Kaytranada won the Polaris Music Prize last night1 week ago
- Skepta was overawed to win the Mercury Prize last night1 week ago
- Canalaphonic stage times are here2 weeks ago