This week sees the label release Florene’s Homemade Extacy, the Denton, Texas duo’s album and their first proper release on Waaga after a series of EPs, singles and cassettes (one is downloadable). It’s a mix of the kind of electronic live band rushes provided by the likes of Fuck Buttons and Holy Fuck with dark atmospherics, industrial sounds and a whole lot of swathing synths of the likes of doom-friendly SALEM. Homemade Extacy is chock-full of dirty digital noise, echoing shadowy vocals, ephemeral glimpses of rhythm, seemingly contradictory hi-NRG drones and twisted rhythms.
Comments are closed.
Upcoming Nialler9 Events
- 22 gigs and clubs to see in Cork this weekend5 hours ago
- Output music conference returns to Belfast in February; here’s who’s lined up so far7 hours ago
- Beck and Yeah Yeah Yeahs announced for Dublin double bill7 hours ago
- Brooklyn indie-rockers Big Thief add second Dublin show due to demand10 hours ago
- The 30 best gigs & clubs in Dublin city this week1 day ago
- Rostam, Villagers, Aldous Harding, Lisa Hannigan and more for The National Donnybrook shows1 day ago
- 16 gigs and clubs to see in Limerick city this week2 days ago
- The all-star gig of Irish musicians covering The Replacements is happening again next week2 days ago
- Life Festival announce first four acts for 20182 days ago
- 2017 – A year of pop music in review6 days ago