This week sees the label release Florene’s Homemade Extacy, the Denton, Texas duo’s album and their first proper release on Waaga after a series of EPs, singles and cassettes (one is downloadable). It’s a mix of the kind of electronic live band rushes provided by the likes of Fuck Buttons and Holy Fuck with dark atmospherics, industrial sounds and a whole lot of swathing synths of the likes of doom-friendly SALEM. Homemade Extacy is chock-full of dirty digital noise, echoing shadowy vocals, ephemeral glimpses of rhythm, seemingly contradictory hi-NRG drones and twisted rhythms.
Leave a Reply
- The Nialler9 Dublin Gig Guide // December 10th – 16th
- Nialler9 & Happenings presents: New Year’s Thieves on December 30th
- Listen to a live set from Four Tet in Tokyo
- The Nialler9 Dublin Gig Guide // December 2nd – 9th
- Young Hearts Run Free’s Yule! whopper lineup in Dublin 8 next weekend
- Win tickets to Saturday @ Other Voices Dingle
- Daniel Avery and Erol Alkan for Dublin Phantasy Sound label show
- Watch Inni-K’s ‘Find Your Beat’ as Gaeilge video and book her for your Christmas party?