Regular club nights and venue information. | Subscribe to the newsletter.
Highlights: Shuggie Otis, Purity Ring & Doldrums, J Rocc, Somadrone, Wild Nothing, Iggy Azalea, Yeasayer, Richard Hawley, Littlexsforeyes.
This is the weekly list of recommended Dublin gigs taking place over the next seven days published every Tuesday. All times are 7.30/8pm unless stated. Feel free to recommend events not present in the comments below. If you’re looking for tickets to sold out gigs try #ticketfairy on Twitter.
Ticket freebies this week:
A pair of tickets to giveaway to:
- Wednesday: Shearwater, Great Lakes Swimmers, Dusted @ The Button Factory (€15)
- Friday: Shuggie Otis @ Whelan’s (€21.50)
- Saturday: J Rocc, Handsome Paddy @ The Sugar Club (€10, 11pm)
- Saturday: Totally Dublin: The Haxan Cloak @ Twisted Pepper (€10)
- Sunday: Sly & Robbie @ Whelan’s (€24)
- How to enter – Email [email protected] with your full name, the gig in the Subject line you’re entering for and phone number before 5pm the day before the gig to enter.
Tuesday November 27th
- Luka Bloom @ Whelan’s (€20)
Support from Steve Cooney.
- Rodriguez @ Vicar Street (€22)
The guy from Searching For SugarMan plays live.
Wednesday November 28th
- Shearwater, Great Lakes Swimmers, Dusted @ The Button Factory (€15, WIN TICKETS)
Austin / Toronto indie-rock.
- I Am The Cosmos, Cloud Castle Lake, Cian Nugent @ Trinity Dining Hall (€6, 7pm)
A very rare venue outing in aid of Focus Ireland.
Thursday November 29th
- Purity Ring, Doldrums @ The Button Factory (€17.50)
Montreal synth and electronic boom map sweetness.
- Forward/Slash: Come On Live Long @ Twisted Pepper (Free)
One of the best new Irish bands around. Listen.
- Maya Jane Coles @ Twisted Pepper (Sold out, 10.30pm)
A Bodytonic & Subject gig.
Friday November 30th
- Skinny Wolves: Somadrone, Spilly Walker, Sunken Foal, Simon Bird @ Whelan’s Upstairs (€10, 9pm)
Listen to Somadrone’s new single Pulse Of Joy.
- Shuggie Otis @ Whelan’s (€21.50, WIN TICKETS)
Birthday show for the legendary R&B soul musician.
- Love Music Hate Racism: 14 Bands live: The Yips, The Notas, Lauren Guillery @Sweeney Mongrel (€5, 8:30pm)
Also playing: Soldiers Can’t Dance, Gin & Juice, P/I/G/S, Val Normal, Between Screams….
- Stars @ The Academy (€16)
Canadian starry-eyed indie.
- A Lazarus Soul, European Sensoria Band, Prang Ruin/Walter Demonic @ The Joinery (€8, BYOB)
Under-rated band and interesting supports in improv and lo-fi electronics. Listen to ALZ.
- littlexsforeyes @ The Workman’s Club (€8)
Support Johnny Fun And The…Hesitations, Carried By Waves.
- Iggy Azalea @ The Academy Green Room (€17, 11pm)
Aussie Trap Gold rapper.
- Radiomade and Fatty Fatty present : DJ Rahaan, Laser Tom & The Blast Crew, Lil Dave @ The Sugar Club (€10, 11pm)
Chicago house/disco DJ with an all-new live show from Laser Tom.
Saturday December 1st
- Shuggie Otis @ The Sugar Club (Sold out)
Second show for the legendary R&B soul musician.
- Raglans @ Whelan’s (€6/8)
Dublin indie-pop rock. Support from Echotape.
- Retro Revival: The Notas, The Fresh Kills @ Sweeney Mongrel (€5, 9pm)
Plus This Other Kingdom, Late City Edition, DJ Rosco Urge.
- Wild Nothing @ The Workman’s Club (€14.50)
Dreamy indie-pop: ‘Nocturne’.
- Totally Dublin: The Haxan Cloak @ Twisted Pepper (€10)
Tri Angle Records artist. “modern classical, dark ambient, doom metal, drone, industrial and dub-attuned electronic music.”
- Sfumato @ Unitarian Church (€12.50)
Support from Mumblin’ Deaf Ro.
- Kool & the Gang @ Bord Gais Energy Theatre (€54.50)
‘Ladies Night’ / ‘Celebration’ / ‘Get Down On It’
- Yeasayer @ The Village (€25)
Rescheduled date on their Fragrant World tour.
- Hidden Agenda: Actress, Monto @ The Button Factory (€15)
Ambient techno from UK’s Darren Cunningham.
- J Rocc, Handsome Paddy @ The Sugar Club (€10, 11pm, WIN TICKETS)
Stones Throw DJ and one of Ireland’s finest hip-hop DJs team up.
- POGO: Martyn, King Kong Company, Frank B & more @ Twisted Pepper (€14, 10.30pm)
Dubstep-leaning electronica with atmosphere.
Sunday December 2nd
- The Gloaming @ Peppercanister Church (€26)
Thomas Bartlett, Dennis Cahill, Martin Hayes, Iarla O’Lionaird, Caoimhin O’Raghallaigh.
- Sly & Robbie @ Whelan’s (€24, WIN TICKETS)
Reggae legends supported by Firehouse Skank & Ernest Ranglin.
- 12 Sundays: Le Galaxie DJ set, Joma @ The Bernard Shaw (Free)
Laid back Sunday pint vibes.
Monday December 3rd
- Richard Hawley, John Smith @ Vicar Street (€33.50)
Former Pulp man, Sheffield baritone singer.