Regular club nights and venue information. | Subscribe to the weekly newsletter.
Highlights: Animal Collective, Bon Iver, Simian Mobile Disco, Exitmusic, Passion, Pit with Chad Valley & Chvrches, Lee Fields, Addison Groove and Slow Skies.
This is the weekly list of recommended Dublin gigs taking place over the next seven days published every Tuesday. All times are 7.30/8pm unless stated. Feel free to recommend events not present in the comments below. If you’re looking for tickets to sold out gigs try #ticketfairy on Twitter.
- Sunday: Heineken Live Project: Passion Pit, Chad Valley, Chvrches @ Olympia Theatre
- How to enter - Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, the gig in the Subject line you’re entering for and phone number before 5pm THURSDAY to enter
Tuesday November 6th
- Animal Collective, Prince Rama @ Vicar Street (€28)
Their live show is always entertaining even if their new album isn’t.
- Ladyhawke @ The Academy (€24.90)
Now the synth-pop wave has passed, this NZ singer makes less-interesting glam/pop/rock.
Wednesday November 7th
- Ben Howard @ Olympia Theatre (sold out)
UK folk singer. Support Willy Mason.
- Mark Kozelek @ Button Factory (€15)
Sun Kil Moon and Red House Painters frontman returns for his regular fix.
Thursday November 8th
- Simian Mobile Disco, Frank B @ Twisted Pepper (€15, 10pm)
4/4 beats done right.
Forward/Slash: Nosaj Thing @ Twisted PepperCancelled due to illness.
- Little Green Cars @ Whelan’s (€13, Sold out)
Support from Gypsies on the Autobahn & Bleeding Heart Pigeons.
Friday November 9th
- Buck 65 @ The Sugar Club (€15)
Another regular visit from the Canadian MC.
- Laetitia Sadier @ The Workman’s Club (€16)
Stereolab singer solo show performing songs from Silencio.
- Hey Rosetta @ The Academy (€5, 11pm)
Canadian indie-rock with support from Neon Wolf &
- Mark Geary @ The Jeanie Johnson (€15)
Folk on a boat.
- Subrewind: Addison Groove & more @ Twisted Pepper (€15)
Juke and Footwork likely from the Headhunter.
Saturday November 10th
- Exitmusic @ Whelan’s (€15)
Jimmy’s wife from Boardwalk Empire’s band.
- Community Of Independents: Lethal Dialect, Croupier, Ten Past Seven, Bantum & more @ Button Factory (Free, 6pm) Community TV documentary live recording and gig.
- Seti The First @ The Sugar Club (€12)
Cello-based experimental duo.
- Alias Empire @ Twisted Pepper (€8)
The band formerly known as Dry County rebrand.
- Girl Band @ The Grand Social (€5)
France 98 EP launch with support from Tandem Felix & Turning Down Sex.
- FMC Tour: Squarehead, Lost Brothers, We Cut Corners @ The Workman’s (€10)
Three Irish bands on tour subsidised.
- Brian Deady @ Whelan’s Upstairs (€8)
- Hidden Agenda: Claude Von Stroke @ Button Factory (€15, 11pm)
The Whistler is his big tune, he is an American house DJ.
Sunday November 11th
- 12 Sundays: I Am The Cosmos (live), Adultrock, Joma @ The Bernard Shaw (2pm, Free)
Rare live show from cool groovers.
- Slow Skies @ Stag’s Head Raw Sessions (€8)
Promising neo-classical folk from Karen Sheridan.
- Passion Pit, Chad Valley, Chvrches @ Olympia Theatre (WIN TICKETS)
A Heineken Live Project gig.
- Lee Field & The Expressions @ The Sugar Club (€22.50)
A true Soul man and his band.
- Si Schroeder, Sunken Foal @ Whelan’s (€8)
First of a three Sunday residency.
Monday November 12th
- Bon Iver @ The O2 (€36-40)
Justin Vernon moves up a notch. Support from the Staves.