Regular club nights and venue information. | Subscribe to the weekly newsletter.
Highlights: Koreless, How To Dress Well, Scuba, Jape, Sea Pinks, Dirty Dozen Brass Band, Francois And The Atlas Mountains, Mavis Staples, Jessie Ware, Nicki Minaj…
This is the weekly list of recommended Dublin gigs taking place over the next seven days published every Tuesday. All times are 7.30/8pm unless stated. Feel free to recommend events not present in the comments below. If you’re looking for tickets to sold out gigs try #ticketfairy on Twitter.
- Saturday :Immortal Technique @ The Village
- How to enter - Email [email protected] with your full name, the gig in the Subject line you’re entering for and phone number before 5pm THURSDAY to enter
Tuesday October 30th
- Francois & The Atlas Mountains @ The Academy 2 (€12.50)
Eccentric French-led lilting indie. Cry Monster Cry & Roz Plain on support.
- Labrinth, Charli XCX @ The Academy (Sold out)
I’d be more interested in Charli myself.
- Ronan O’Snodaigh @ Whelan’s (€14)
Kila singer revisits his album Play Day.
Wednesday October 31st – Halloween
- Subversive Halloween Party @ 27 Prussia Street (€10, BYOB)
Three stages of DJs and live bands you’ve mostly never heard of but might be fun.
Halloween Warehouse party @ King’s Warehouse, Hanover Quay.
No longer happening.
- Jack White @ The O2 (€39)
Ex White Stripes man tours album Blunderbuss. Support from Willy Moon.
- Psycho live @ National Concert Hall (€13-40)
The Alfred Hitchcock horror classic livescored by RTE Concert Orchestra.
- Kila: Halloween gig @ Whelan’s (€20)
Oíche Samhna in fancy dress.
- The Spook Of The Thirteenth Lock, Melodica Deathship @ Whelan’s (€10)
A suitably-titled band with an Irish-trad/rock edge supported by deathly gallows rap.
Thursday November 1st
- Communion: Fossil Collective, Cocophone, Maud In Cahoots @ Academy 2 (€12.50)
UK folk band.
- Forward/Slash: Nanu Nanu @ Twisted Pepper (€)
Alien pop duo of Laura Sheeran and Marc Aubele. Get their Arena EP.
- Dirty Dozen Brass Band @ The Village (€22)
New Orleans in Dublin.
- Thursdaze: Cat Dowling, Third Smoke & The Yips @ Whelan’s Upstairs (€7)
DJ set from Niamh Ham Sandwich, First Thursday of the month.
Friday November 2nd
- How To Dress Well @ Twisted Pepper (€15.50)
Tom Krell brings his lo-fi R&B to Dublin.
- The Chapters, Biggles Flies Again @ Unitarian Church (€10)
Nine-piece band showcase new direction.
- Thought @ Project Arts Centre (€18)
Crash: Ensemble play Glenn Branca, Nico Muhly & more.
- Shut Up & Play The Hits @ The Sugar Club (€9)
LCD Soundsystem movie screening.
- MUD: Scuba, Frankie Grimes & more @ Twisted Pepper (€15)
Hotflush Recordings producer and Berghain party-organiser.
- The Wedding Present @ Button Factory (€16)
Playing the album Seamonsters.
- Youth Of A Nation: Irish Winter Tour Launch Party @ The Workman’s Club (€8)
Sets from RunawayGO, Meltybrains?, Gascan Ruckus, Empty Lungs, Ciaran Lenehan and Yellow Bridge.
- Wounds, Kid Karate, Vacant @ Whelan’s (Free)
- The House Presents Party #3 @ Annesley House (€10)
Let’s Get Lost (Jubilee Allstars, John Hegarty), Sacred Harp Singers, storytelling & visual art.
Saturday November 3rd
- Mavis Staples @ National Concert Hall (€20 up)
Gospel soul legend.
- Nightflight: Jape, Jay Sheapard (DJ), White Collar Boy @ The Grand Social (€16.50)
The Grand Social’s 2nd birthday gig.
- Immortal Technique @ The Village (€22.50)
Political and social-minded NY-based Peruvian rapper.
- Skinny Wolves present: Sea Pinks, The #1s, Rhino Magic @ The Joinery (€5, 9.30pm)
Sea Pinks launch their Freak Waves LP. I really must listen to it.
- Posterfish: LionFX, Catscars, Nu Bromantics @ King 7, Capel Street (€7, BYOB)
Bass, techno, acid and synthesizers.
- Benjamin Francis Leftwich @ Whelan’s (€15)
Whispery folk singer-songwriter.
- POGO: Chymera, Barry Redsettaz, Merchantvilles, The Stone Brokes & more @ Twisted Pepper (€10)
Launch of Chymera’s Death By Misadventure album.
- Mixtapes From The Underground, Gretta Gunn @ The Workman’s Club (€10)
Live improv hip-hop band with support from electro synth pop singer.
- Hidden Agenda: Koreless, Pangaea, Frank B @ Button Factory (€10 in advance, €15 on door, 11pm)
Glasgow post-dubstep producer, Hessle Audio co-founder and local house-indebted producer.
Sunday November 4th
- 12 Sundays @ The Bernard Shaw (2pm, Free)
Amen Brother Motown party, 12 DJs and film screening.
- Lucy Rose @ Whelan’s (€13)
English folk singer recently signed to Columbia Records.
Monday November 5th
- Jessie Ware @ The Sugar Club (€17.85, 9pm)
The new Sade or something more modern – jury’s out.
- Nicki Minaj @ The O2 (€49.50 up)
Glossy and explicit bubbly biting rap star.
Regular club nights and venue info. | Subscribe to the weekly newsletter.