Regular club nights and venue information. | Subscribe to the weekly newsletter.
Highlights: Kwes, DOOM, Balam Acab, Echo Lake, Bastille, Boys Noize, Bantum album launch, So Cow & Squarehead, Afrika Bambaataa & Lianne La Havas
This is the weekly list of recommended Dublin gigs taking place over the next seven days published every Tuesday. All times are 7.30/8pm unless stated. Feel free to recommend events not present in the comments below. If you’re looking for tickets to sold out gigs try #ticketfairy on Twitter.
- Thursday: DOOM, Jneiro Jnel, Rejjie Snow @ Button Factory (+ limited edition poster for the winner)
- Friday: !Kaboogie: Coco Bryce, Lewis James, Flying Butresses, !K DJs @ King 7, Capel Street (10.30pm)
- Saturday - Balam Acab @ Twisted Pepper
- Saturday: Hidden Agenda: Kwes, Lemonada @ Button Factory (€10, 11pm)
- How to enter - Email email@example.com with your full name, the gig in the Subject line you’re entering for and phone number before 1pm THURSDAY to enter.
Tuesday October 9th
- Ruby Sessions: Slow Skies, Wyvern Lingo & more @ Doyle’s (9pm, €6)
Long running revered acoustic night.
- Fushitsusha @ The Village (€20)
Japanese experimental rock.
- Ronan O’Snodaigh @ Whelan’s (€10)
Kila’s main man plays an album from his career.
- Fleetwood Mac’s Rumours @ The Grand Social (€3)
Yossarian Lives, I ♡ The Monster Hero, The Alpacca Jamboree & more perform the album in full.
Wednesday October 10th
- Echo Lake, Adultrock @ The Workman’s Club (€12)
Dreamy & hazy indiepop.
- Cat Dowling @ Whelan’s (€8)
Former Alphastates singer plays solo.
Thursday October 11th
- DOOM, Jneiro Jnel, Rejjie Snow @ Button Factory (WIN TICKETS + LTD. POSTER)
The Metal Faced rapper returns (hopefully).
- Skinny Wolves: Man Forever, School Tour, Magic Pockets @ The Joinery (€10, BYOB)
A night of experimentalism headlined by the Oneida’s Kid Millions.
- Bastille, Orla Gartland @ Academy 2 (€11.75)
- Boys Noize @ The Academy (€29.90)
Alex Ridha’s electro spectacle.
Friday October 12th
- So Cow & Squarehead @ Button Factory (€5)
Lo-fi garage rockers team up.
- Bantum album launch, REID, Ghosts @ The Workman’s (€8)
Listen to the recommended album.
- Fela Day: Dublin Afro-beat Ensemble, Lex Woo @ Twisted Pepper (€10)
Charity event celebrating Fela Kuti.
- Knoxville Morning album launch, The Mighty Stef, The Cedar Sound @ The Cobblestone (€5, 9pm)
Irish folk with an American heart.
- Melodic presents: Edu Imbernon @ Lost Society (€12, 10.30pm)
- !Kaboogie: Coco Bryce, Lewis James, Flying Butresses, !K DJs @ King 7, Capel Street (€8, 10.30pm, WIN TICKETS)
Live electronic producers and hip-hop with an emphasis on bass.
- Afrika Bambaata, The Animators @ The Sugar Club (€15, 11pm)
OG Rap pioneer.
- MUD & Spectrum: Ben UFO, PennyGiles, Subone @ Twisted Pepper (€12, 10.30pm)
Hessle Audio co-founder’s Boiler Room mix.
- Jogging, Fuck Mountain @ Whelan’s (Club entry – €10, Midnight)
Late nite alt-rock.
Saturday October 13th
- Alphabet Set vs. Roots Corner @ Little Green Café (Free before midnight, €8 after)
Afro, caribbean, latin, soul, hip-hop & reggae til 6am.
- Night of pure awesomeness @ Sweeney’s (Free)
CFit, Moo!, Medz & Tristan Carroll.
- The Big Itch Club presents The Pacifics, Hunk! & Slim Jim & The Bone Breakers @ Thomas House (€5)
Surf pop ’50s and garage rock.
- Balam Acab @ Twisted Pepper (€13, WIN TICKETS)
Gauzy electronica on Tri Angle Records.
- Shonen Knife @ Whelan’s (€13)
Long-standing Japanese female pop-punk.
- Hidden Agenda: Kwes, Lemonada @ Button Factory (€10, 11pm, WIN TICKETS)
Synaesthesic London alternative melodies.
Sunday October 14th
- 12 Sundays: John Daly @ The Bernard Shaw (5pm)
Monday October 15th
Lianne La Havas @ Olympia Theatre (€21)
Postponed due to illness – to be rescheduled