This day next week, the focus of Nialler9 will be shifting to the the land of Antipodeans in the Southern Hemisphere. Yes, myself and Aoife will be making a ten day visit to Australia for blogging purposes courtesy of the kind people at Tourism Australia as part of their Visiting Opinion Leaders program!
We will be visiting Melbourne from the 12th-16th of June and then Perth from the 16th to the 20th of June and blogging on the way. We’ve got a whole host of things lined up:
- Gigs, gigs and more gigs with the likes of Deerhunter, Tucker B’s, a couple of almost un-Googleable bands Beaches, Songs and hopefully as many other bands and DJs based in Western Australia and Victoria as we can.
- We’ll be meeting up with people from independent radio stations like Triple R, RTRFM, industry bodies like West Australian Music Industry Association and Victoria Rocks, Aussie music bloggers, venue managers, youth music organisations and hopefully, a member of a cool alternative Australian band.
- A visit to the Nick Cave Exhibition.
- A Harley Davidson ride around Melbourne.
- A private screening of Something in the Water – a documentary about the Perth music scene.
- Record shopping. Obviously.
- General sightseeing in Melbourne and Perth like the Botanic Gardens and an Indigenous Heritage Tour.
Of course as Aoife is travelling too, our trip will have a foodie slant so expect things on I Can Has Cook like:
- A Foodie’s Dream tour.
- A vintage shopping trip in a 1960s Fiat. Awesome.
- We’ll be eating in some pretty sweet restaurants so you can ogle at the food before it hits our bellies. Places like 1907 and the Tjanabi Indigenous Restaurant.
- A Bar Secrets Tour.
It’s gonna be AMAZING. So if you’ve any suggestions for bands, venues, bars, touristy things, Aussie music blogs and scenes to check out do pop them in the comments. For example, I’d love to find out more about this Grrilla Step/ Krumping dance craze that DJ Dexter seems is involved in…