There’s an undeniable old school ambient drum and bass vibe to ‘Pyramid’ like Photek’s earlier work ‘Rings Around Saturn’ from 1998. What moves the ears is the biological feel to the percussion; nuanced, textured and full of spatial awareness. It’s taken from KU:PALM, only Photek’s fifth studio album out on October 23rd.
Leave a Reply
- Listen to a live set from Four Tet in Tokyo
- The Nialler9 Dublin Gig Guide // December 2nd – 9th
- Young Hearts Run Free’s Yule! whopper lineup in Dublin 8 next weekend
- Daniel Avery and Erol Alkan for Dublin Phantasy Sound label show
- Watch Inni-K’s ‘Find Your Beat’ as Gaeilge video and book her for your Christmas party?
- Early bird tickets for Indiependence and Castlepalooza available for Christmas
- Other Voices Dingle day-by-day lineup, Willis Earl Beal, David Arnold and Josef Salvat added
- John Grant, Ásgeir, Hozier and Agnes Obel for Other Voices Dingle