A list of recommended events taking place over the next seven days in Dublin.
Highlights this week include Joker, Two Door Cinema Club, Choice Music Prize, Field Music, Crash Ensemble, The Cast of Cheers (again as their first two gigs were awesome) and Ed Devane’s album launch. Also, Delphic (who I caught an impressive live set from in London last week) will play Propaganda on Saturday in the Button Factory.
Also, ASIWYFA are planning a secret show in the Mercantile after the Choice Music Prize main event in Vicar Street even if they win. Not so secret anymore! Sample MP3s below.
Tuesday 2nd March
– And So I Watch You From Afar @ Tower Records instore (7pm)
– Brendan Benson @ The Button Factory (€17)
– Land Lovers, Squarehead, Feed the Bears @ Anseo (€6)
- Trashed (Indie/Electro club) @ Andrew’s Lane Theatre (10.30pm, €5)
– C U Next Tuesday (indie/electro/pop/dance) @ Crawdaddy (11pm, €3/5)
Wednesday 3rd March
– Choice Music Prize @ Vicar Street (€27, 7.30pm first band)
– Antics with The Minutes live (indie club @ Crawdaddy (€5, 11pm)
– ASIWYFA secret show @ The Mercantile Bar (post-Choice time)
Thursday 4th March
– Soundchick @ Spy (7pm, Free before 11pm/€5)
– For the Love Of @ Mill Street Studios (€5)
– Come As Soon As You Hear @ The Bernard Shaw (Free, 8.30pm)
– Choice Cuts: The Beatdown – T-Woc, Jamie, Fruitman @ The Pygmalion (Free, 10pm)
– The Midnight Hour: Betamax Format – Whelan’s Upstairs (Free, 11.30pm)
– Jinx Lennon, Captain Moonlight @ The Sugar Club (€10)
– The K! Club @ Good Bits (8:30 -12:30, Free)
– MUSIK @ The Button Factory (10.30pm, €6)
Posted on March 1st, 2010