There’s a special atmosphere created by reverb. Tara Masterson Hally has really mastered the art of using that effect. ‘Sighed a Sigh’ is a somnambulist journey into a barren soundscape. The protagonist is jaded and tired (“Another lazy day / they all just feel the same”) and it’s reflected in the quiet dimmed guitar line with expressive cascades and hushed harmonies. It takes considerable talent to pull back, fill the space with emptiness and draw people in even more. Catch Tara at Forward/Slash next Thursday in Dublin.
Leave a Reply
- Nialler9 & Happenings presents: New Year’s Thieves on December 30th
- Listen to a live set from Four Tet in Tokyo
- The Nialler9 Dublin Gig Guide // December 2nd – 9th
- Young Hearts Run Free’s Yule! whopper lineup in Dublin 8 next weekend
- Win tickets to Saturday @ Other Voices Dingle
- Daniel Avery and Erol Alkan for Dublin Phantasy Sound label show
- Watch Inni-K’s ‘Find Your Beat’ as Gaeilge video and book her for your Christmas party?
- Early bird tickets for Indiependence and Castlepalooza available for Christmas