There’s a special atmosphere created by reverb. Tara Masterson Hally has really mastered the art of using that effect. ‘Sighed a Sigh’ is a somnambulist journey into a barren soundscape. The protagonist is jaded and tired (“Another lazy day / they all just feel the same”) and it’s reflected in the quiet dimmed guitar line with expressive cascades and hushed harmonies. It takes considerable talent to pull back, fill the space with emptiness and draw people in even more. Catch Tara at Forward/Slash next Thursday in Dublin.
Comments are closed.
- Listen to Papa Lou’s Electric Picnic Peace Pagoda mix – Clu Lagoon7 hours ago
- Conor Oberst to play solo at Bord Gais Energy Theatre12 hours ago
- Electric Picnic stage times1 day ago
- The Nialler9 Electric Picnic Mix 20164 days ago
- New Irish radio airplay charts are here via Yangaroo4 days ago
- 2FM’s Jenny Greene & The RTÉ Concert Orchestra will bring a new spin on dance classics at Electric Picnic4 days ago
- Here’s an Electric Picnic Spotify playlist with a song from every artist playing5 days ago
- Lynched to play biggest hometown show yet in Vicar Street5 days ago
- Salty Dog lineup for Electric Picnic: David Kitt, Bronagh Gallagher, Kormac, Áine Cahill & more6 days ago
- Metropolis add Clams Casino, Novelist, Floating Points, Shura, Klangkarussell & more6 days ago