There’s a special atmosphere created by reverb. Tara Masterson Hally has really mastered the art of using that effect. ‘Sighed a Sigh’ is a somnambulist journey into a barren soundscape. The protagonist is jaded and tired (“Another lazy day / they all just feel the same”) and it’s reflected in the quiet dimmed guitar line with expressive cascades and hushed harmonies. It takes considerable talent to pull back, fill the space with emptiness and draw people in even more. Catch Tara at Forward/Slash next Thursday in Dublin.
Comments are closed.
- Listen to a free 32-track compilation of Irish electronic music
- Dublin label Major Problems is releasing Compassion Crew’s comp of “lucky breaks”
- Premiere: Stomptown Brass – ‘(My Duchess Has a Heart of Gold)’
- Major Grave featuring Joni – ‘Changes’
- Watch the new video for Talos’ ‘In Time’
- Little Green Cars – ‘Easier Day’
- Generator Live features a great lineup of Irish acts including Daithí, Katie Laffan, Beach and more
- Forbidden Fruit Festival: Tame Impala, Underworld, Jungle, Flume, Kiasmos, Battles & more.
- Women In Music conference in Belfast to feature Jessica Hopper, Annie Nightingale and more
- 10 Album & Song Of The Year nominees make up the Choice Music Prize live event
- The Nialler9 Dublin Gig Guide // Feb 9 – 15
- Melt! Festival additions: Tame Impala, Jean Michel Jarre, Modeselektor & more
- The Last Shadow Puppets announce first Irish gig
- PJ Harvey, Julia Holter & múm with Kronos Quartet among first names for Iceland Airwaves 2016
- Life Festival announces first lineup including Paul Kalkbrenner, 2manyDjs, John Talabot, Ben Klock, Bicep & more
- Managing Creativity is a one day seminar @ Irish Writers Centre about creative projects