There’s a special atmosphere created by reverb. Tara Masterson Hally has really mastered the art of using that effect. ‘Sighed a Sigh’ is a somnambulist journey into a barren soundscape. The protagonist is jaded and tired (“Another lazy day / they all just feel the same”) and it’s reflected in the quiet dimmed guitar line with expressive cascades and hushed harmonies. It takes considerable talent to pull back, fill the space with emptiness and draw people in even more. Catch Tara at Forward/Slash next Thursday in Dublin.
Comments are closed.
- Body&Soul Announces Wonderlust Stage: Goldie, Anderson, Anna B Savage, Ye Vagabonds & more
- Mitski to kick off Irish tour in Dublin
- Play piano like Nils Frahm with his new sheet music book
- The Beatyard add Boney M, Jape & Rubberbandits
- Interlude Festival announce day-by-day breakdown
- Galway International Arts Festival: Villagers, Dan Deacon, BellX1, Pleasure Beach, Optimo, Suede & more
- The Nialler9 Dublin Gig Guide // May 24 – 30
- Life Festival release stage times & site map
- Boiler Room returns to Dublin on June Bank Holiday Monday
- Stage times for Forbidden Fruit announced
Upcoming Nialler9 Events
Saturday May 21st
Join Nialler9, Gav Elsted and Simon Roche for a new monthly club night of eclectic selections across genres. Electronic to classic pop to italo to indie and beyond.