There’s a special atmosphere created by reverb. Tara Masterson Hally has really mastered the art of using that effect. ‘Sighed a Sigh’ is a somnambulist journey into a barren soundscape. The protagonist is jaded and tired (“Another lazy day / they all just feel the same”) and it’s reflected in the quiet dimmed guitar line with expressive cascades and hushed harmonies. It takes considerable talent to pull back, fill the space with emptiness and draw people in even more. Catch Tara at Forward/Slash next Thursday in Dublin.
Comments are closed.
- Thirty Four Café announce winter music series6 hours ago
- Here’s the moment John Grant surprised Claire Beck live on TXFM21 hours ago
- Metropolis Festival announce stage times & DJs1 day ago
- Tegan and Sara for Vicar Street 2017 show1 day ago
- Repeal Project, Andy Warhol Silver Clouds and other installations announced for Metropolis Festival2 days ago
- Cork Gig Guide – Jazz Festival edition2 days ago
- New record store Head Records to open in Liffey Valley5 days ago
- The posthumous Prince releases are coming next month5 days ago
- Dublin Bowie Festival announces lineup of events6 days ago
- Radiohead confirmed for Glastonbury 20176 days ago