WEDNESDAY APRIL 12TH:
THURSDAY APRIL 13TH:
FRIDAY APRIL 14TH:
SATURDAY APRIL 15TH:
- Talos @ Connolly’s of Leap (8pm, €13)
Eoin French and collaborators mark the release of his debut album ‘Wild Alee’ with a trip beyond the Leap to perform under the hammers.
- Vinyl Below Easter Saturday Party @ The Sextant (8pm, free)
Vinyl Below residents take over the Sextant for a post-Good Friday throwdown in the quayside beer garden/venue.
- Not How, When! @ Gulpd Cafe (8.30pm, free)
Flukey, Sonny Emerald and Jean-Luc Razza throw down their across-the-board dancing set for the post-dry-spell session.
- The Grief, Demeter and Onkalo @ Fred Zeppelin’s (9pm, €5)
Three new bands, all composed of Cork metal veterans, line-out for something of a showcase gig upstairs in Fredz.
- Deep Blue @ Cyprus Avenue (11.30pm, €10)
A special Easter Boiler Session for the house/techno collective, doubling as a pre-Life Festival warm up. DAXMAK among others at the decks.
SUNDAY APRIL 16TH:
- The Sad Gals Club @ Gulpd Cafe (4pm, free)
Kelly Doherty, aka Gadget and the Cloud, leads a selection of female discjocks spinning downtempo electronic/indie throughout the afternoon.
- Sillk @ The Wine Tavern, St. Luke’s (6pm, free)
The day-long festivities at St. Luke’s Cross take a turn for the noir with folk-pop harbingers Sillk.
- Lankum & Katie Kim @ Live at St. Luke’s (7.30pm, €22.50)
The outfit formerly known as Lynched celebrate Easter Sunday alongside Choice-nominated songwriter Katie Kim in a special show.
- OoSe & The Hatchett Job @ Connolly’s of Leap (8pm, €10)
Live house/tech/math experimentalists go under the hammers for an Easter Sunday special, with a DJ set from Toby Hatchett in support.
- Saint Caoilian @ Levis’ of Ballydehob (8pm, donations)
Having performed a number of miracles for the Cork music scene over the past few years, Caoilian Sherlock has attained sainthood. He celebrates with a wander out to Ballydehob to play a gig, with ex-Elastic Sleep vocalist Muireann Levis in support.
- Order/Chaos, Tiarnola & more @ Amp Venue (10pm, €11)
House/techno for the night that’s in it over at the Amp on Hanover St. Also on the bill: Glenn Williamson, SoS, Tom Treacy.
- Dónal Dineen @ Henchy’s Bar (10.30pm, free)
Legendary Irish music broadcaster and one half of the team behind the newly quasi-resurrected This Ain’t No Disco, Dónal Dineen takes to the decks for a special show at the St. Luke’s local.
- Easter Sunday Rave @ Cyprus Avenue (11.30pm, €12)
Jamie Behan joins forces with Greg and Shane of Leeside house legends Fish Go Deep for the traditional Easter Sunday Rave. Over 20s only.