Regular club nights and venue information. | Subscribe to the newsletter.
Among a stacked week of Leeside music events are the music programme for Cork Film Festival, a plethora of big house nights, and the first anniversary celebrations of local hip-hop heroes Cuttin’ Heads Collective.
WEDNESDAY 16TH NOVEMBER
- The Cork Fleischmann Orchestra @ City Hall (8pm, €18/€25/€30)
Led by solo violinist Tasmin Little, the namesake orchestra of Leeside musical pioneer Aloys Fleischmann plays Bruch, Schubert, and a new piece by Ian Wilson dedicated to Fleischmann’s legacy.
- Suantraí @ Gulpd Cafe (8pm, free)
Week two of Claire O’Brien’s residency in Gulpd will mark the release of the first physical copies of Suantrai’s EP ‘Flight into Egypt’ continuing O’Brien’s collaboration with Fionnuala Joyce after a yearlong break.
THURSDAY 17TH NOVEMBER
- fLux @ St. Finbarre’s Cathedral (7pm & 9pm, €10)
Cork innovators Eat My Noise debut a newly-composed and arranged piece for the cathedral’s old organ, accompanied by electronics and visuals. Part of the Cork Film Festival.
- Larodon @ The Slate (8pm, free)
Yearning Curve man Lawrence O’Donnell and band launch O’Donnell’s debut solo record with support from punk-folkers The 5th Floor.
- The Suitcase Junket @ Levis’ of Ballydehob (8pm, donations)
U.S. slide-guitar, swamp-blues one-man outfit plays an early show at Levis’ on a pass-the-hat basis.
- BLOCK x Avotre Showcase @ Amp Venue (10.30, €17.50)
Influential electronic label Avotre teams with Corkfeens BLOCK for a joint night featuring SANTÉ, Katja & Oliver Drops.
FRIDAY 18TH NOVEMBER
- Lake Street Dive @ Cyprus Avenue (7.30, €20)
pop four-piece with a Jools Holland appearance and sold-out London/Dublin appearances under their belt.
- fLux @ St. Finbarre’s Cathedral (7.30pm & 9pm, €10)
Encore performances of the re-imagining of Finbarre’s church organ.
- Under the Hammers @ Connolly’s of Leap (8pm, €10)
The wild west’s trademark variety night. This month: Jinx Lennon, Cathal Holden, Julie Goo, Hazel Hogan and Wasps vs. Humans.
- Darius Syrossian @ Cyprus Avenue (11.30pm, €15)
House-music workhorse stops by in Cork, having recorded a Radio 1 Essential Mix and toured/resided internationally.
SATURDAY 19TH NOVEMBER
- Cuttin’ Heads Collective 1st Anniversary x VINYL BELOW @ Liquid Lounge (5pm, €8 before 10pm, €10 after)
Local beatlords CHC celebrate a year together, with appearances from Skratchlords, This Side Up, Nylon Primate and Bleak Stack. VINYL BELOW playing house/techno downstairs. Presented by the newly-launched Cork24.com.
- JULY TALK @ Cyprus Avenue (8pm, €15)
Canadian rock five-piece bring their performance-art-informed live show to Cork.
- Not How, When! @ Gulpd Cafe (8.30, free)
Jean-Luc, Sonny and Flukey return with another night of across-the-board dancing music, this month tying in with Cork Film Festival.
- Fish Go Deep & Generic People @ Amp Venue (9pm, €12)
Leeside house legends celebrate their birthday with the usual shindig, with visuals from media collective Generic People. Celebrating nearly three decades of house in Cork.
- Gummidge, Lower Slaughter & The Black Arts @ Fred Zeppelin’s (9.30, €7)
Galwegian noise-rock trio launching debut long-player Heartbreakers, with support from UK riffers Lower Slaughter and Cork synth-punks The Black Arts.
- T-Woc & guests @ Triskel TDC (10pm, €10 before 11, €12 after)
Launching his album ‘Sentinelas’ on Rudimentary Records, T-Woc hosts the unofficial debut meeting of the Wicklow Producers’ Club, with Diamond Dagger, Cholera House and Automatic Tasty in tow.
SUNDAY 20TH NOVEMBER
- Cuttin’ Heads Collective 1st Anniversary – Day 2 @ The Brú (4pm, free)
The afternoon after the night before. Cuttin’ Heads DJs oversee a soul-sample-themed table quiz, plus finger-food from the White Rabbit BBQ restaurant next door.
- Electric Eel Shock @ Fred Zeppelin’s (7pm, free)
Japanese rock trio return to launch new album.“Gimme suicide rock ‘n’ roll”, times infinity.
- Ben Kunder & Sarah McDougal @ Levis’ of Ballydehob (8pm, donations)
Canadian folk singer-songwriters take joint billing in a Sunday-evening show.
- Myles Manley @ Gulpd Cafe (8pm, donations)
Sligo troubadour performs reimagined/rearranged takes on his catalogue of pop gems.