Regular club nights and venue information. | Subscribe to the newsletter.
- Thursday: Get Folked: Marisa Anderson @ The Grand Social (€10)
- Friday: Hidden Agenda + The Building Society: Barnt @ Hangar (€10, 11pm)
- Friday: Matador & Paco Osuna @ District 8 (10pm, €20)
How to enter ticket comps – Email [email protected] with the gig above in the Subject line you’re entering for along with your full name and phone number (for late contact) in the body of the message. Full info on each show below. Draw closes at 6pm the day before the gig or Friday 1pm latest for weekend gigs.
Tuesday October 6
- The Ruby Sessions @ Doyle’s (9pm, €5)
[Acoustic club] Lineup tbc.
Wednesday October 7
- U:Mack presents: Ufomammut @ The Grand Social (€16)
[Rock] Italian Psychedelic sludge trio play debut Irish show.
- Andy Sheppard Quartet @ The Sugar Club (€20)
[Jazz] with ambient drones and electronic textures.
- Kaleidoscope Night @The Bello Bar (€14)
[Contemporary] Early baroque Irish & European music by Tonos, Eric Schuhoff’s Concertino by Ficino Ensemble, Berberian’s Stripsody by Judith Mok and joined by Republic of Loose’s Mick Pyro for Songs of Kurt Weil
- Cascades, Kojaque @ The Workman’s Club (€5)
[Indie /rock] with support from Irish rapper.
Thursday October 8
- Get Folked: Marisa Anderson @ The Grand Social (€10, WIN TICKETS)
[Folk] guitar improvisations from Portland, Oregon-based multi-instrumentalist/songwriter
- Good Name: Amber Man @ The Bernard Shaw (Free)
[Weekly night] Irish electronic music man Amber Man aka Dave Long.
- Gigonometry: Riot Tapes, Makings, Twin Headed Wolf, Mama’s Broke @ The Workman’s Club (€8/€5)
[Monthly] New Irish music.
- The Great War Signal Corps @ The Riding Room, National Museum Of Ireland (€15)
[Choral] choral music theatre based on the words of the signallers of World War One
- Notorious hip-hop night @ The Generator (10:30pm,€5)
[Club] Hip Hop/90s clubnight
Friday October 9
- BC Camplight @ The Workman’s Club Vintage Room (€13)
[Indie/rock] ‘Just Because I Love You’
- Hey Rosetta!, Subplots, Saint Sister @ The Workman’s Club (€13)
[Rock] NewFoundland indie pop. Support is solid.
- Nightmares On Wax (Live) @ Button Factory (€17.50)
[Dance] hip-hop, jazz, soul, and funk. Arveene on support.
- Dark Secrets:Clu (A/V set), Mmoths DJ set @ Science Gallery (Free but ticketed- sold out, 7pm)
[Electronic] curated by Hidden Agenda.
- Lemonade @ The Sugar Club (€7, 10:30pm)
[DJ night] Junior Spesh, Manma Saor, Willo Healy, Disco City Watermelon
- Blacklip presents: Alias @ Turk’s Head Downstairs (€10, 10:30pm)
[Grime] plus mode7, Darkimh, Shriekin’, DJ Bob
- Pyg presents Radio Slave @ Pygmalion (10pm, €10)
[Dance] Don’t Stop No Sleep
- Hidden Agenda + The Building Society: Barnt @ Hangar (€10, 11pm, WIN TICKETS)
[Dance] The producer recently remixed Jamie xx.
- Matador & Paco Osuna @ District 8 (10pm, €20, WIN TICKETS)
[Dance] Irish techno headliner.
- Mashed presents Yousef @ The Grand Social (€5/€10, 11pm)
[Dance] Circus records / Boiler Room.
- James Zabiela @ The Academy (€20, 11pm)
[Dance] Tech house DJ.
Saturday October 10
- Editors @ Olympia Theatre (€33)
[Indie/rock] Sold out.
- Cast @ Button Factory (€17.50)
[Britpop] I used to love Cast’s first album.
- We Were Giants, Blades Club, Chanele McGuinness @ The Mercantile (€5)
[Indie] All I Want.
- Giveamanakick @ Whelan’s (€15)
[Rock] Limerick rock final lap reprise. My & My Dog upstairs after midnight.
- Retro Revival Indie Club: Stoneage Romeos, The Urges, Beatfink, The Shades @ Sweeney’s (€5, 9pm)
[Rock] Garage rock and more
- Beardyman @ Opium Rooms (€20)
[Dance] Beatboxer and showman. early show.
- Burning Up @ The Grand Social (Free, 11pm)
[Disco] Kelly-Anne Byrne’s Disco night. Read my interview with her in this week’s Irish Times.
- Max Cooper @ Button Factory (€12.50)
[Dance] Belfast electronic producer.
- Nighthowl: Loop Culture, Fun With Rope, Kinds @ Whelan’s Upstairs (Midnight, guestlist)
[New Irish] Indie /electronic new bands
- Skream & Omar S @ District 8 (€18, 11pm)
[Dance] Decent double bill if they’re on form.
Sunday October 11
- Coats For Cash with Oxjam @ Whelan’s (Free)
[Charity] Katie Dineen, 13, The Needables + coats for sale.
October Oct 12
- Day of rest.