Regular club nights and venue information. | Subscribe to the newsletter.
Photo by James Goulden.
Ticket freebies this week:
- Wednesday: Movements: Giraffage, Lindsey Lowend, Kobina @ Button Factory
- Friday: Dublin Gospel Choir @ Button Factory
- Saturday: Hidden Agenda: Evian Christ, Mssingno + Rosbeg @ Button Factory
How to enter – Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the gig above in the Subject line you’re entering for along with your full name and phone number in the body of the message. Full info on each show below. Draw closes at 6pm the day before the gig.
Tuesday April 8th
- Ruby Sessions: Dave Geraghty, Color//Sound, Anderson, David Burke @ Doyle’s (9pm, €6)
[Acoustic/folk] Long running night.
- Kurt Vile & Pall Jenkins @ Whelan’s (€20)
[Indie/rock] The American alt-musician plays solo with the Black Heart Procession member on support.
- Palma Violets@ Whelan’s (€14.50)
[Indie/rock] Noisy English rock band.
Wednesday April 9th
- AMPED: Mama Kasbah, Rudy Trixx , The Statics, Stop All The Clocks @ Button Factory (Free)
[Irish bands] Sound Training Centre gig with proceeds to Irish Cancer Society.
- Tinie Tempah @ The O2 (€36)
[rap/pop] Has he still never been to Scunthorpe I wonder?
- Room19 Present: Get Down Edits, 4WRD GRAD @ Twisted Pepper (€7/€5)
[Electronic] Plus Brad Francis (Secluded), Niamh O Connor, James Rodgers.
- Movements: Giraffage, Lindsey Lowend, Kobina @ Button Factory (€8/€6, 11pm, , WIN TICKETS)
[Electronic] A fine lineup of electronic music lead by Charlie Yin’s dreamy electro.
- Bruce Willis: Irish Cream @ Lost Society (€8/€6, 10:30pm)
[Dance/electronic] Effy, A_T_L_A_S, and more across three rooms.
Thursday April 10th
- Ham Sandwich @ Tower Records (7:30pm)
[Instore] Acoustic performance – a bit like this.
- Dublin Guitar Quartet @ Christchurch Cathedral (€10)
[Classical] Celebrating the release recording of Philip Glass’ string quartets on the composers own record label.
- Youth Mass, Other Creatures @ Whelan’s (€12)
[Indie/rock] Meath indie band launch their album.
- Culture Vultures w/Lisa O’ Neill, Lenny Abrahamson & John Cummins @ The Odessa Club (€10)
[Salon] Curated by Tony Clayton-Lea.
- Moscow Metro @ Academy 2 (€7.50)
[Rock] More about the band.
Friday April 11th
- Brian Deady @ Whelan’s (Free, 7pm)
[Soul] The Cork singer live from the window.
- Malcolm Holcombe @ Whelan’s (€12)
[Country/blues] Gruff Nashville folk singer/guitarist
- Dublin Gospel Choir @ Button Factory (€17, WIN TICKETS)
[Choir] Ireland’s most populist choir
- The Strypes @ The Academy (€25)
[Rock] Cavan teenager rockers fresh from a US Tour. They they are on Letterman.
- Asgeir, Snorri Helgason @ The Sugar Club (Sold out)
[Indie/folk] Icelandic musician with support
- The Space Lady, Patrick Kelleher, Bop Gun DJs @ Pacinos (€10, 11pm)
[Alternative] Outsider electronic pop artist who played on the streets of San Francisco for years.
- MUD: The Building Society Present Shifted (Avian, UK)[email protected] Pepper (10:30pm, €12/€10)
[DJs] Shifted Boiler Room. Plus Nathan Jones (Vision Collector), Aaron Kelly, Flush Vs Suss Vs Bruce Willis
- Gui Boratto, White Collar Boy @ The Pygmalion (€25/€30, 10pm)
[DJ] Long standing São Paolo DJ/producer
- Midnight hour: Woman’s Christmas, Ghost Trap @ Whelan’s (GUESTLIST)
[DJing/ skating] Two relatively new punk-edged rock bands.
Saturday April 12th
- The Strypes @ The Academy (€25, All-ages show)
[Rock] Cavan teenager rockers fresh from a US Tour.
- Ginnels, Galants, Autumns @ The Pop Inn (BYOB, €TBC)
[Rock] Launch of new Popical Island album in the new Popical Island space.
- Wild Promises, Sullivan & Gold, Let’s Set Sail @ Whelan’s (€8)
[New music night] Formerly The Dirty 9s, Wild Promises play with Belfast duo S&G and Dublin alt-folk foursome.
- D.F.F @ Button Factory (€8)
[Folk/Country] Vyvienne Long, Niwel Tsumbu & Dave Flynn play songs from their Pouric Songs album,.
- Cian Nugent & The Cosmos @ Whelan’s (€10)
[Guitar/] First post-Angel Olsen US tour gig.
- Retro Revival: Late City Edition, The Pacifics, Ken Mooney @ Sweeney’s (€5)
[Rock] Retro rock plus The Missing Clocks and The Rollers.
- Hidden Agenda: Evian Christ, Mssingno + Rosbeg @ Button Factory (€8/€5 , WIN TICKETS)
[DJs] Yeezus collaborator just released his EP on Tri Angle Records and Mssingno had one of the tunes of the last year.
Sunday April 13th
- 12 Sundays @ The Bernard Shaw (Free, 8pm)
[DJs] Laid back Sunday vibes with Al Murphy.