Regular club nights and venue information. | Subscribe to the weekly newsletter.
How to enter ticket comp - Email [email protected] with the gig above in the Subject line you’re entering for along with your full name and phone number in the body of the message. Full info on each show below. Draw closes at 6pm the day before the gig or Friday 1pm latest for weekend gigs.
Tuesday October 21
- Ben Caplan @ Whelan’s Upstairs (€15)
[Bluesy folk] Melodramatic Canadian singer songwriter .
Wednesday October 22
- Real Estate @ The Academy (€17)
[Indie] New Jersey guitar band
- The Manhattan Syndrome @ The Odessa Club (Free)
[Rock] Goodbye Iowa pre-launch listening party.
- Dead Presidents, Time Is Illmatic @ The Sugar Club (€16)
[Rap] plus screening of the Nas documentary.
Thursday October 23
- The Staves @ Whelan’s (SOLD OUT)
[Folk] Harmonic English folk singers/sisters.
- Eagulls @ The Academy 2 (€13.50)
[Rock] Visceral Leeds rock band.
- Booka Brass Band @ Button Factory (€12/€15)
[Brass] The first show sold out. This features guests like Hannah Grace and Maud in Cahoots.
- Goldenbeck: Gavin Glass, Hidden Highways & Twin Headed Wolf @ The Workman’s Club (€5)
[Live] Goldenplec and Claire Beck from TXFM curated-monthly night.
- New York Brass Band, Rudytrixx @ Whelan’s Upstairs (€8)
[Salon] New Orleans inspired music from York in England.
- The Beatyard Junior Spesh Presents Dah Jevu @ Twisted Pepper (€8)
[Rap] Dah Jevu. Upstate Crew // Black Fish Collective A.W.O.L Bastard Party
- The Beatyard: Nosaj Thing @ The Bernard Shaw (Free)
[Dj Set] Fine Electronic LA producer DJs.
- The Beatyard: Lunice @ Twisted Pepper (€10, 10:30pm)
[Dance] One half of TNGHT always brings a hype show. Billed as a live set as opposed to a DJ set.
Friday October 24
- Lethal Dialect @ Opium Rooms (€10)
[Rap] Launch of the album 1988.
- The Cabinet of Dr Caligari with 3Epkano @ Christ Church Cathedral (€15. 7:15pm)
[Live-scored screening] Part of the Bram Stoker Festival.
- Wicker Bones, Bill Blood @ The Grand Social (€5)
[Guitar] Guitar-lead folk and electronic touches.
- The Young Folk, Mongoose @ Button Factory (€10)
[Folk] Launch of new album.
- The Barr Brothers @ Whelan’s (€16)
[Folk] Montreal folk roots band.
- ElektroBank, Johnny Moy @ The Sugar Club (€10/€12)
[Tribute] 90s dance anthems cover band – The Prodigy and more..
- Planet Parade @ Whelan’s Upstairs (Free)
[Indie/rock] A Nialler9-recommended return for the Kildare band.
- The Beatyard: Well Kn#wn present Hoya Hoya @ The Bernard Shaw (Free)
[DJs] Manchester DJs in the house.
- Lee Ranaldo @ Bello Bar (€17)
[Rock] Co-founder of Sonic Youth acoustic show.
- Abstract & Wunderground present Skream @ Opium Rooms (€15, €10)
[Dance] Dubstep turned disco/electro/house DJ. Plus Decent Perks / Southpaw.
- Go Swim, Galants @ Whelan’s Upstairs (11:30pm, Guestlist)
[DJs] Pickled Onion Records presents.
- MUD: Bodytonic present Shadow Child @ The Twisted Pepper (€15, 10:30pm)
[Dance] Bass-lead house grooves.
- Jack: Pleasurekraft @ Button Factory (11pm, €20)
[Dance] house music producer,
Saturday October 25
- Lucius @ Whelan’s (€15)
[Indie pop] Vintage harmony-lead pop.
- Lee Fields & The Expressions @ The Sugar Club (€22.50)
[Soul] The soul man returns thanks to Choice Cuts.
- Blink @ Button Factory (€13)
[Rock] Old school Irish rock returns.
- Jetsetter @ Whelan’s Upstairs (€6 /€10 with EP)
[indie-rock] Launch of new EP – Dippin’ Toes.
- Body & Soul presents The Shapeshifter’s Ball @ IMMA (SOLD OUT)
[Mini-festival] Young Fathers, East India Youth, Tim Sheridan, Alex Do, Gothic karaoke, Ensemble Music, opera and more.
- Hidden Agenda: Erol Alkan & Ghost Culture @ Opium Rooms (€11, 11pm)
[Dance] Phantasy night out.
- The Beatyard: Andy Butler (Hercules and Love Affair) @ The Twisted Pepper (10:30pm, €13)
[Dance] Plus Rsch 14 Isopsephy EP Launch.
- Sense Series: Applebottom b2b The Golden Boy @ Button Factory (11pm, €10-€15)
Bank Holiday Sunday October 26
- SmithField Market Fair ‘Gothic Edition’ in association w/ Bramstoker Festival @ The Generator (Free, Noon – 11pm)
[Market stalls] Live Music feat Jamie Duff , Betty Swing Machine & Nialler9 (DJ set, 5:30pm)
- Rub-A-Dublin Reggae Festival @ Twisted Pepper (4pm, First 100 free, €10/€12 )
[Reggae all-dayer] Curated by Irish Moss Records and the Twisted Pepper
- Bank Holiday Sunday @ The Workman’s Club (Free)
[Free] Tara, Sissy, Segrasso play live plus DJs.
- The Minutes, The Vincent(s) @ Whelan’s (€15)
[Rock] Irish rockers continue to pack em out.
- Samhain Festival @ Loughcrew Gardens, Meath (Sold out)
[Festival] Jon Hopkins, John Talabot, Booka Shade, Maya Jane Coles and more .
- Liars, WIFE @ Button Factory (€18)
[Rock] Experimental-leaning American indie-rock.
- Onra @ The Sugar Club (10pm, €10/12, WIN TICKETS)
[Soul] Plus screening of Time is Illmatic.
- Network5: Robert Hood, DJ Pierre, Randomer & more @ The Grand Social (€20, 9pm)
[Dance] House, techno Acid sets and more.
- Krystal Klear @ The Academy (11pm, €20, WIN TICKETS)
[Dance] Krystal Klear picks some of his favourite tracks
- Forza Italo: Svengalisghost & Marcello Catalano @ The Odessa Club (€10/€12)
[Dance] L.I.E.S. – Chicago DJ and many more.
- The Beatyard: Ben Klock @ Twisted Pepper (€18, 11pm)
[Dance] Basement vibes with Barry Redsettaz on support.
- Division Bank Holiday Special: Radio Slave, Will Kinsella, Mark Lawless @ Pygmalion (9pm, €5/€10)
[Dance] Matthew E aka Radio Slave / Kylie/ Blue Monday mashup-guy.
Monday October 27
- Royal Blood @ The Academy (Sold out)
[Rock] Chugrock Englishmen.
- GLXY Present: UK Urban @ Twisted Pepper (€5)
[Club] Abrand new UK urban night focusing on the best of the UK’s underground sounds covering grime, hip-hop, bass & dancehall.
Regular club nights and venue info. | Subscribe to the weekly newsletter.