A Joyful Slog is a one-hour documentary exploring the essential and necessary rise of do it yourself independent music culture in the last 20 years in Ireland by DCTV’s Community Of Independents with help from FMC Ireland. It features interviews with And So I Watch You From Afar, Halves, Owensie, Richie Egan of The Redneck Manifesto, Road Records, Jape, Leagues O’ Toole, Vincent Dermody of The Jimmy Cake and Whelan’s, Angela Dorgan of FMC, Nay from Harmless Noise, Gib Cassidy, Mick Roe of the Richter Collective, Cathy Pellow of Sargent House, Ed Hannon and yours truly.
Comments are closed.
- The Gloaming are back in the National Concert Hall for a run in 20175 days ago
- DJ Yoda is doing a Stranger Things DJ set for Halloween in Dublin6 days ago
- David Kitt will release his first album in seven years on New Year’s Day 20176 days ago
- Gig news: Enemies, Rusangano Family, Fantasy 12, Syria Vibes, Nightmares On Wax and more6 days ago
- Dublin is getting a new club space – Wah Wah Club6 days ago
- Slick Rick is playing Dublin1 week ago
- Interstate is a new club night exploring the sound of U.S. cities1 week ago
- Kaytranada won the Polaris Music Prize last night1 week ago
- Skepta was overawed to win the Mercury Prize last night1 week ago
- Canalaphonic stage times are here1 week ago