Last time I saw Wye Oak live, they were a country-tinged rock band. That as a few years ago although I’m pretty sure I heard their Civilian album from last year not that I can remember much of it. ‘Spiral’ is a change of direction for the Baltimore duo. The new track, released as a download as part of Adult Swim’s singles program (also features Fly Lo, The Hives, Com Truise, Wavves) for this year has an ’80s guitar feel (what makes that sound?) , reverbed vocal, space-pushing drums and a xylophone-like melody outro. Reaaaal nice.
Comments are closed.
- Repeal Project, Andy Warhol Silver Clouds and other installations announced for Metropolis Festival15 hours ago
- Cork Gig Guide – Jazz Festival edition23 hours ago
- New record store Head Records to open in Liffey Valley3 days ago
- The posthumous Prince releases are coming next month3 days ago
- Dublin Bowie Festival announces lineup of events4 days ago
- Radiohead confirmed for Glastonbury 20174 days ago
- Gig news: Hamilton Leithauser, Badly Drawn Boy, Kristin Hersh, Soma, Young Marco, R.S.A.G. & more5 days ago
- Lynched are changing their name due to “the systematic treatment of black people in the USA”5 days ago
- Watch a mini-documentary about Knockanstockan – ‘A Ten Year Story’5 days ago
- Fabric booker to speak about club closure & culture at Metropolis Festival6 days ago