Cardboard Gangsters is a film in the works about drug dealers in Darndale, Dublin. Damien Dempsey and Lethal Dialect will be involved as actors (and LD on soundtrack duties). Director John Connors, himself from Darndale, Stalker Films wants to highlight the social issues facing the people of the Coolock suburb and they’re looking for €25,000 via IndieGoGo funders to help make it happen. Above is an explanation of the film followed by a short clip of what to expect.
Comments are closed.
- Listen to a free 32-track compilation of Irish electronic music
- Dublin label Major Problems is releasing Compassion Crew’s comp of “lucky breaks”
- Premiere: Stomptown Brass – ‘(My Duchess Has a Heart of Gold)’
- Major Grave featuring Joni – ‘Changes’
- Watch the new video for Talos’ ‘In Time’
- Little Green Cars – ‘Easier Day’
- Generator Live features a great lineup of Irish acts including Daithí, Katie Laffan, Beach and more
- Forbidden Fruit Festival: Tame Impala, Underworld, Jungle, Flume, Kiasmos, Battles & more.
- Women In Music conference in Belfast to feature Jessica Hopper, Annie Nightingale and more
- 10 Album & Song Of The Year nominees make up the Choice Music Prize live event
- The Nialler9 Dublin Gig Guide // Feb 9 – 15
- Melt! Festival additions: Tame Impala, Jean Michel Jarre, Modeselektor & more
- The Last Shadow Puppets announce first Irish gig
- PJ Harvey, Julia Holter & múm with Kronos Quartet among first names for Iceland Airwaves 2016
- Life Festival announces first lineup including Paul Kalkbrenner, 2manyDjs, John Talabot, Ben Klock, Bicep & more
- Managing Creativity is a one day seminar @ Irish Writers Centre about creative projects