Last week’s Sacred Animals/Last Days Of 1984 collaboration was a right grower. This week, the latter are moving on in pursuit of their second album. Whereas their first one, Wake Up To The Waves had them going for a tropical electro vibe, ‘Lost Hearts’ suggests the duo are working under darker skies; the propulsive percussive rhythms are still there but the vocals are more of a disembodied downbeat tone than before; the arrangement is murkier. No less of a track because of it.
Comments are closed.
- The Beatyard add Boney M, Jape & Rubberbandits
- Interlude Festival announce day-by-day breakdown
- Galway International Arts Festival: Villagers, Dan Deacon, BellX1, Pleasure Beach, Optimo, Suede & more
- The Nialler9 Dublin Gig Guide // May 24 – 30
- Life Festival release stage times & site map
- Boiler Room returns to Dublin on June Bank Holiday Monday
- Stage times for Forbidden Fruit announced
- Paul Simon plays Dublin arena show in November
- Villagers’ Conor O’Brien wins Ivor Novello songwriting award
- Dilly Dally for Dublin show; win tickets before they go on sale
Upcoming Nialler9 Events
Saturday May 21st
Join Nialler9, Gav Elsted and Simon Roche for a new monthly club night of eclectic selections across genres. Electronic to classic pop to italo to indie and beyond.