Last week’s Sacred Animals/Last Days Of 1984 collaboration was a right grower. This week, the latter are moving on in pursuit of their second album. Whereas their first one, Wake Up To The Waves had them going for a tropical electro vibe, ‘Lost Hearts’ suggests the duo are working under darker skies; the propulsive percussive rhythms are still there but the vocals are more of a disembodied downbeat tone than before; the arrangement is murkier. No less of a track because of it.
Comments are closed.
- Listen to Solar Bears’ John Kowalski’s Amour Mix Volume 3
- Album of the week: King – We Are King
- You should spend Valentine’s night singing along to some ’80s power ballads
- Listen back to last night’s TXFM show: A J Dilla special
- John Hammond Spotify playlist: an influential force in popular music
- Dilla Love – A J Dilla sample & Influence Spotify playlist
- Generator Live features a great lineup of Irish acts including Daithí, Katie Laffan, Beach and more
- Forbidden Fruit Festival: Tame Impala, Underworld, Jungle, Flume, Kiasmos, Battles & more.
- Women In Music conference in Belfast to feature Jessica Hopper, Annie Nightingale and more
- 10 Album & Song Of The Year nominees make up the Choice Music Prize live event
- The Nialler9 Dublin Gig Guide // Feb 9 – 15
- Melt! Festival additions: Tame Impala, Jean Michel Jarre, Modeselektor & more
- The Last Shadow Puppets announce first Irish gig
- PJ Harvey, Julia Holter & múm with Kronos Quartet among first names for Iceland Airwaves 2016
- Life Festival announces first lineup including Paul Kalkbrenner, 2manyDjs, John Talabot, Ben Klock, Bicep & more
- Managing Creativity is a one day seminar @ Irish Writers Centre about creative projects