Last week’s Sacred Animals/Last Days Of 1984 collaboration was a right grower. This week, the latter are moving on in pursuit of their second album. Whereas their first one, Wake Up To The Waves had them going for a tropical electro vibe, ‘Lost Hearts’ suggests the duo are working under darker skies; the propulsive percussive rhythms are still there but the vocals are more of a disembodied downbeat tone than before; the arrangement is murkier. No less of a track because of it.
Comments are closed.
- Here’s the moment John Grant surprised Claire Beck live on TXFM13 hours ago
- Metropolis Festival announce stage times & DJs22 hours ago
- Tegan and Sara for Vicar Street 2017 show1 day ago
- Repeal Project, Andy Warhol Silver Clouds and other installations announced for Metropolis Festival1 day ago
- Cork Gig Guide – Jazz Festival edition2 days ago
- New record store Head Records to open in Liffey Valley5 days ago
- The posthumous Prince releases are coming next month5 days ago
- Dublin Bowie Festival announces lineup of events5 days ago
- Radiohead confirmed for Glastonbury 20175 days ago
- Gig news: Hamilton Leithauser, Badly Drawn Boy, Kristin Hersh, Soma, Young Marco, R.S.A.G. & more6 days ago