Regular clubs, pubs and venue info. // Subscribe to the weekly newsletter.
Highlights: It’s Electric Picnic week so that’s the big one this week.
This is the weekly list of recommended Dublin gigs taking place over the next seven days published every Tuesday. All times are 7.30/8pm unless stated. Feel free to recommend events not present in the comments below. If you’re looking for tickets to sold out gigs try #ticketfairy on Twitter.
Tuesday August 28th
- Ruby Sessions: Rubyworks special @ Doyle’s (€5, 9pm)
Wednesday August 29th
- Night of the Machines: Quiet Earth Parts 1+2: Nightmaker, The Wazp, Gentleboy @ Bewley’s Cafe Theatre (€8)
- Square Pegs : Chicago blues, the sound of 1950′s R&B and New Orleans big band @ The Odessa Club (€10)
Thursday August 30th
- Night of the Machines: Quiet Earth Parts 1+2: Polydroid, Colin JM, Steve McEvoy, Bouvetoya @ Bewley’s Cafe Theatre (€8)
- Codes, Maud in Cahoots @ The Workman’s Club (€8)
- Junior Spesh vs. All City @ Twisted Pepper (€8)
Friday August 31st
- Electric Picnic: Sigur Ros, The xx, Grizzly Bear, Azealia Banks and more @ Stradbally (€230 for weekend)
- String Theory Soundsystem LP Launch, Lex Woo, The Violent Roadkills, Skuzzi Port @ The Sweeney Mongrel (Free)
- Time Is A Thief @ Academy 2 (€6, 11pm)
- Glider @ The Workman’s Club (Free)
Saturday September 1st
- Electric Picnic: The Cure, SBTRKT, Grimes, Caribou vs. Four Tet, Kimbra, Hudson Mohawke, Rustie & more @ Stradbally (€230 for weekend)
- Phizzfest: 3epkano @ Broadstone Hall, Phibsborough (€12)
- Searching For Sugarman @ Lighthouse Cinema (€9, 6pm)
Sunday September 2nd
- Electric Picnic: Hot Chip, Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs, Bat For Lashes & more @ Stradbally (€99 Sunday ticket)
- 12 Sundays: Platinum Ray @ The Bernard Shaw (Free, All day)
- Silence @ Lighthouse Cinema (€9, 6pm)
Monday September 3rd
- A day of rest. Be with your loved ones.