FRIDAY JUNE 14TH
- Galway Street Club @ Cyprus Avenue (7.30pm, €10)
Multi-headed busking beast tries its luck under the lights of the newly-redone Caroline Street venue.
- The Blades @ Live at St. Luke’s (7.30pm, €30)
Dublin modfathers return to Cork for their first gig in nearly three decades, with a full seven-piece live show.
- Fallen Lights @ Coughlan’s (9pm, €10)
Much-fancied outfit play the back room on Douglas Street for the first time this year.
- Dali Social @ Dali (10pm, €tbc)
Comfy beanbags, tunes and cocktails, with the Dali residents and a new take on the Carey’s Lane venue.
SATURDAY JUNE 15TH
- Metal United Worldwide @ Cyprus Avenue (1pm, €20)
An all-day metal fest at Cyprus Avenue, as part of a worldwide billing of similar events to celebrate fifty years of metal’s multifarious subcultures. Cruachán, God Alone, zhOra and tonnes more on the bill.
- Greenshine @ The Corner House (6pm, free)
Folk is a family matter for the Greenshine compound, so no better theme for the trio’s new album, launching at the Coburg St. folk outpost.
- Saint Sister @ Live at St. Luke’s (7.30pm, €23.50)
Belfast electro-folk duo headline at St. Luke’s as part of Cork Midsummer Festival, with support from Gadget and the Cloud.
- Bill Mango @ The Roundy/PLUGD (8pm, free)
Get your dancing shoes on for Bill Mango of Berlin’s Mango club night, plus super-fruity sets from the Footnotes residents.
- Audible Joes & more @ Fred Zeppelin’s (8.30pm, €7)
Cork pop-punters head up a gig at the red room on Parliament Street, with Jobseekers, Without a Cause and seldom-seen punx Stanton’s Grave.
- Vinyl Below @ Dali (10pm, €tbc)
It is the birthday of every single resident in the Vinyl Below crew, and the lads are throwing a party.
SUNDAY JUNE 16TH
- Jeffrey Lewis and Los Bolts @ Crane Lane Theatre (4pm, €13)
Erstwhile anti-folk troubadour and comic book illustrator comes to town for a full-band show, suitable for all the family.
- The New Jazz Orchestra @ Cork School of Music (4pm, €22)
Fiddler Martin Hayes leads the NJO through original compositions from Irish composers such as Ronan Guilfoyle, Brian Byrne, Cormac McCarthy and Paul Dunlea.
- Rosi Lalor & Patrick Doyle @ MYO (7pm, €4)
“Rosi Lalor is a Spanish Scouse Singer-Songwriter who can hiss like a snake”, reads the blurb. ’Nuff said.