FRIDAY MAY 24TH
- Dirty Dike + Sammy B-Side @ Dali (8.30pm, €10)
High Focus Records man Dike launches recently-released album ‘Acrylic Snail’ across multiple formats and a special gig upstairs on Carey’s Lane.
- BRIJ Cork Fundraiser @ Coughlan’s (8.30pm, €12)
A fundraiser for BRIJ Cork, assisting integration for residents of Direct Provision. On the bill: Elaine Malone, Laurie Shaw, Damsel, Saint Caoilian, and Gadget and The Cloud.
- Lisa O’Neill @ DeBarra’s of Clonakilty (9pm, €15)
Cavan singer-songwriter heads to the legendary West Cork venue for a special, intimate show.
- AMR @ Dali (11pm, €tbc)
Egyptian techno exponent takes the wheels of steel as part of Dali’s Nightshift series of late gigs.
- New York House Party @ Cyprus Avenue (11pm, €8)
Colin Edwards (RTÉ Pulse) and Anthony M (Playhouse) are among those at the decks for a night of NYC house classics.
SATURDAY MAY 25TH
- The Vestas + Blind Poets @ The Kino (8pm, €10)
A double-headliner of Cork folk and alternative at the former kinoplex on Washington Street.
- Soothsayer @ Fred Zeppelin’s (8.30pm, €7)
Paranoid Beast opens up its Pit for another special gig getting recorded at Fredz: the last gig for the foreseeable future of Cork post-metallers Soothsayer. Support from Aponym and Everdead Wood.
- Ping Pong @ O’SHO (9pm, free)
Albert Twomey and Niall Woof’s much-beloved alternative night returns to hold court til late at Barrack Street’s newest small venue.
- Paradox @ Crane Lane Theatre (9pm, free)
Leeside grunge loyalists launch new single ‘Here Comes the Pain’ with a free gig at the Crane Lane.
- Lerosa @ The Roundy/PLUGD (9pm, €6)
A serving of house, techno, electro and ambient from the rowdy Roman, plus Toby Kaar and Gadget & the Cloud in support.
- TABOO Africa Day Special @ Dali (9pm, €tbc)
Stevie G, Grillz and Chedder with a special edition of their monthly Afrocentric and hip-hop residency!
- Electric Rex @ Cyprus Avenue (11pm, €3)
“Expect the most invigorating of dance, the most resounding of big room, and your favorite sing-along songs mashed up into one”, says the presser.
SUNDAY MAY 26TH
- Soul Funktion @ The Vicarstown (4pm, free)
Seven hours of soul with Mister Fork and Dr. Q, picking up where their monthly residency at the Sextant left off.
- Sorcha Richardson @ Cyprus Avenue (8pm, €12.50)
Dublin singer-songwriter’s first headline show in the city, ahead of her debut album’s release later this year.
- Paul Noonan @ The White Horse, Ballincollig (8pm, €27)
Bell X1 frontman takes to the suburban folk outpost for a special, intimate gig.