FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 6TH:
- Ross O’Halloran @ Winthrop Avenue (7.30pm, €8)
And it’s hello to Cyprus Avenue’s new second venue, facing out onto Winthrop Street and holding eighty people. Local singer-songwriter Ross O’Halloran does the honours.
- We Banjo 3 @ Live at St. Luke’s (7.30pm, €23)
A band of brothers with 12 All-Ireland musicianship titles between them, We Banjo 3 open the new season at the Northside sonic temple.
- Shrug Life & FONDA @ The Roundy/PLUGD (9pm, €7)
Teletext Records presents a double-bill of DIY lo-fi rock ‘n’ roll, straight out of the Litany of Failures comps. Trá Pháidín in support.
- Kreso i Kisele Kise @ Fred Zeppelin’s (9pm, €12)
Ska-punk and two-tone from Rijeka in Croatia, upstairs on Parliament Street as part of a weekend in Ireland.
- TABOO @ Dali (10pm, €12)
Stevie G, Grillz and Chedder continue their monthly residency at the Carey’s Lane venue.
- Kerri Chandler @ Cyprus Avenue (10pm, €22.50)
There aren’t enough words here to explain the connection a generation of Corkonian clubbers has with New Jersey’s soulful house purveyor. Get in early if you’re going, and haven’t got a ticket already.
- The Bones Below @ DeBarra’s of Clonakilty (10.30pm, free)
Another excursion to the Clonakilty folk outpost for grunge-inflected West Cork folkers.
SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 7TH:
- Fleece & Pusher @ Dali (10pm, €10)
A double-dose of house, as Cork collective Fleece welcome back guest selector Pusher as part of Dali’s Fresher proceedings.
- Eoin @ DeBarra’s of Clonakilty (10.30pm, free)
Another weekend, another gig at DeBarra’s for the mononymic, Joe.ie-endorsed singer-songwriter.
- Electric Rex @ Cyprus Avenue (11pm, €3)
Commercial dance and floor-filling ‘EDM’ all night on Caroline Street.
- Cuttin’ Heads Summer Session @ The Vicarstown Bar (4pm, free)
The Headcutter residents close out their summer season with an all-day jamboree, joined on the mic by emcee Farid Williams.
- Fintan McKahey @ The Roundy/PLUGD (8pm, €7)
West Cork singer-songwriter launches new single ‘The Rebound Effect’ with a gig at the Roundy. Support from local indie-poppers Jordan Run.
- The Dagenham Yanks @ Crane Lane Theatre (9pm, free)
Dancing pants on for Cork-based indie/alternative five-piece.
- Wired Deep @ Cyprus Avenue (10pm, €8)
Corkonian house collective kickoff their Freshers’ onslaught with a residents’ session on Caroline Street.
- Marquis Hawkes @ Dali (10pm, €15)
The deep house continues at Dali as Fresher’s Week kicks off in earnest, as the ‘Social Housing’ producer commands the Arcline, with Looptown in support.