Friday February 21st
- Dirty Power, Audible Joes and more @ Fred Zeppelin’s (7.30pm, €5)
A quadruple-bill of rock noise making that also includes local outfits Factotem and Outsound.
- Toucan @ Cyprus Avenue (7.30pm, €15)
Funk ten-piece head to Caroline Street as part of Right Here Right Now, with Robert Adriff and Paddy Dennehy in support.
- Gaptoof @ The Roundy/PLUGD (8pm, SOLD OUT)
The further adventures of Gaptoof and friends make themselves apparent after the release of new tape ‘Looks Like Rain’.
- Cry Monster Cry @ Levis’ of Ballydehob (8.30pm, €tbc)
Dublin brothers Richie and Jamie Martin performing from their sophomore album Tides at the village venue.
- Fixity + Altered Hours DJs @ Cork Opera House Green Room (8.30pm, €10)
Dan Walsh and collaborators make themselves available in a live capacity to help you get music. Cathal and Elaine providing vibes afterward. All part of Right Here, Right Now.
- Marlene Enright @ Coughlan’s (9pm, €12)
Folk singer-songwriter and ex-Hard Ground member plays an intimate show at Coughlan’s for Right Here Right Now.
- Andrew Azara @ Dali (10pm, €12)
Paul T.’s ongoing curation/residency continues upstairs on Carey’s Lane, with District 8/Bedlam resident Andrew Azara.
- Xero @ Cyprus Avenue (11pm, €5 + free drink)
Deep house ’til close at the venue upstairs in the Caroline Street complex.
Saturday February 22nd
- Junior Brother @ Coughlan’s (3.30pm, SOLD OUT)
Neo-folk troubadour/poet has sold out his first afternoon at Coughlan’s for Right Here, Right Now.
- Mick Flannery & Valerie June @ Cork Opera House (8pm, €25)
A double-headliner of singer-songwriters join the Cork Opera House Concert Orchestra for Right Here Right Now’s festival opening.
- Toshin @ Crane Lane Theatre (8.30pm, free)
Toshín and her seven piece band head to Phoenix Street for a Cork excursion.
- Siomhá @ Levis’ of Ballydehob (8.30pm, €tbc)
Folk, jazz and neo-soul all inform Siomhá’s grooves, and back up a touring resume that includes Paul Brady and The Ollamh.
- Footworks @ The Roundy/PLUGD (9pm, €tbc)
The Footworks crew return for a night of dancing, with Island Times joining in on guest duties.
- Kabuki @ An Spailpín Fánach (9pm, €tbc)
Jungle legend heads upstairs on North Main Street for a live modular set with the Evolution D’n’B crew.
- Percolator + No Spill Blood @ The Kino (9pm, €12)
A double-header of futuristic, progressive rock ‘n’ roll, ahead of Percolator’s upcoming new release.
- Donal Dineen @ Cork Opera House Green Room (11pm, €5)
Irish alternative broadcasting legend takes the decks to conclude night two of Right Here, Right Now.
- Headless Horseman @ Dali (11pm, €12)
Under the Rose brings in Berlin-based mystery producer Headless Horsemen as part of its monthly techno residency.
Sunday February 23rd
- Junior Brother @ Coughlans’ Live (3.30pm, €12.50)
Part two of two Leeside excursions for the Kerry troubadour, as part of Right Here Right Now.
- Weston Olencki @ Shandon Guesthouse (6pm, €tbc)
Internationally acclaimed sound artist, composer and improviser, performing an intimate set in the library of the Guesthouse.
- Arborist @ Coughlan’s Live (8pm, €10)
Indie/folk outfit with deep connections to the Irish poetic tradition launch new album ‘A Northern View’ to close Right Here, Right Now.
- Dónal Lunny and more @ Cork Opera House (8pm, €25)
The second big concert at Cork Opera House for Right Here Right Now is an evening of trad curated by Cork-based musician Cormac McCarthy, with serious cross-generational appeal: Donal Lunny, Máirtín O’Connor, Nell Ní Chróinín, Strung, Eoin O’Riabhaigh and Johnny McCarthy are on the billing.