Anna Calvi, Sam Amidon, Thomas Bartlett, Robert Forster of The Go-Betweens, NYC cabaret performer Justin Vivian Bond, Cathal Coughlan of The Fatima Mansions and Microdisney,Adrian Crowley, writer Pat McCabe, and more are to take part in Blood & The Moon at the National Concert Hall where artists will interpret the work of W.B. Yeats.
The show is being curated by The Gloaming’s Thomas Bartlett and Pulitzer-winning poet Paul Muldoon and takes place on on September 13th and 14th. There will also be new commissions from composers from Nico Muhly and Benedict Schlepper-Connolly and live imaging by Tom Kalin.
– New versions of Wild Swans At Coole, Down By Salley Gardens and Lake Isle of Innisfree by Sam Amidon
– Robert Forster new songs based Crazy Jane poems
– Cathal Coughlan’s new arrangement of The Cold Heaven
– Cathal Coughlan and Thomas Bartlett’s new version of Easter 1916
– Nico Muhly’s new piece Byzantium for solo piano and soprano Daire Halpin
Blood & the Moon: A Provocation on Yeats is for sale from €32.50+fees from National Concert Hall or Tel: 01 417 00 00.