THURSDAY MAY 4TH:
- C Duncan @ Cyprus Avenue (7.30pm, €16)
Mercury Prize-nominated Glaswegian composer and collaborators take to stage in support of sophomore album ‘The Midnight Sun’.
- The Electronic Folk @ Long Valley (8pm, free)
Monthly residency for electronic five-piece, with support from singer-songwriter Circuits of Heaven in an electro-acoustic set.
FRIDAY MAY 5TH:
- Saint Caoilian @ Cyprus Avenue (8pm, €7)
Shaker Hymn/Small Town Disco man launches his ‘The Faraway E.P.’ via the latter, while on a whirlwind of solo shows.
- Ailbhe Reddy and Maria Kelly @ Connolly’s of Leap (8pm, €10)
Double-headliner of female Irish folk, with Nialler-approved songwriter Ailbhe Reddy and anti-folk goddess Maria Kelly.
- Mary Ocher @ Gulpd Cafe (8.30pm, €8)
German singer-songwriter beings her socially-engaged, genre-hopping garage-rock to Gulpd at the Triskel, with Arthuritis in support.
- The Great Balloon Race @ Coughlan’s (9pm, €10)
Launching second long-player ‘Gently Gently’ via Leeside tape imprint KantCope, The Great Balloon Race return from an extended live hiatus, with support from Laurie Shaw.
- Fish Go Deep @ Cyprus Avenue (11pm, €12)
Cork house legends return to Cyprus Avenue after their Easter Weekend blowout. Generic People return on visuals, and the duo’s trademark Danley sound system is at the ready.
SATURDAY MAY 6TH:
- Under a Plastic Cloud @ Gulpd Cafe (9pm, free)
Dancing shoes on, please, for an all-45 set of Sixties disco, garage, soul and other moving music.
- Boston 168 @ Cyprus Avenue (11pm, €17.50)
Italian acid-techno duo perform live at Cyprus Avenue, the result of a promotional/booking collaboration between regular Cyprus promotion houses Bastardo Electrico and Solace.
SUNDAY MAY 7TH:
- Josienne Walker & Ben Clarke @ Cyprus Avenue (8pm, €12.50)
UK folk duo releasing via Rough Trade Records bring their new material to Cyprus Avenue, following a hectic 2016, including the release of album ‘Overnight’.