Move The Record is a new initiative by Dana Ruh and KMA60 record store in Berlin to highlight the uncertain futures facing independent record stores.
On Friday 3rd July and Saturday 4th July, there will be 12-hour streaming broadcasts across 8 hours from stores around the world featuring residents and special guests, with each 2-hour slot flowing into the next.
Ireland will be represented by All City in Dublin with shop resident, DJ and producer Lee Kelly and Repeater DJ and producer SIAS playing alongside DJs from Argentina, UK, Germany, the U.S., Portugal, Brussels and beyond.
Each participating shop (and their online equivalent) is offering discounts of up to 20%.
STORES & PERFORMERS – EDITION #1
All City (Dublin, Ireland)Lee Kelly, Sias
Ater Cosmo x Stardust (Madrid, Spain)Psyk, Tadeo
Carpet & Snares (Lisbon, Portugal)Jorge Caiado, Steffi
Deficit (Moscow, Russia)Ottuga, OL
Filter Musikk (Oslo, Norway)Prins Thomas, Roland Lifjell b2b Sverre Brand
Halcyon x ReSolute (New York, USA)O.BEE, Orazio b2b Rechulskil
Haûs Record Store (Buenos Aires, Argentina)Franco Cinelli, Momo Trosman
KMA60 (Berlin, Germany)Dana Ruh, Fred P
Phonica (London, UK)Nick Williams, Bradley Zero
RS94109 (San Francisco, USA) Josh Cheon, Sohrab Harooni
Serendeepity (Milan, Italy)Hiver, MCMXC
Sound Architecture x Ampere (Antwerp, Belgium)Lefto, Red D
In addition, supporters can contribute to the initiative via a sweepstakes with a chance to win vinyl, hardware, studio sessions, production courses and merchandise from the likes of Ortofon, Ableton, Factory Berlin, Native Instruments, Point Blank Music School, R&S, Pressure Traxx, Warner Music and more. 100% of proceeds will be distributed among the participating stores. Prizes include:
- Native Instruments – Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S49 MK2
- Caprices Festival – 2 x pairs of weekend tickets [SW only]
- Ableton – 4 x licences + merchandise
- Ortofon – 2 x Concorde Club Single / 2 x Concorde DJ Single / 5 x pairs of slipmats / 6 x shirts
- Factory Berlin – 3 x 2 studio sessions in Beats x Dre´s creative hub with technician / 1 x coworking membership [DE only]
- Riverside Studios Berlin – 3 x 2-hour studio time [DE only]
- Warner Music – 10 x Kraftwerk limited collectors vinyl box
- Point Blank Music School – ‘Intro to Production: Ableton / Logic’ course (RRP £680)
- Tom Hemp´s – 30 x CBD sets
- Ampere – 2 x tickets for club night of choice at Ampere Antwerp / 2 x tickets for Ampere Open Air Festival [BE only]
- Ampere – 1 x Ampere Dazzle Sweater / 1 x Ampere Tee
- Mixcloud – 5 x free Pro 1-year memberships (RRP £150)
- R&S Records – 20 x test pressings + 5 x hoodies
Plus record bundles from:All City // All Inn Records // Amir Alexander / Vanguard Sound // Ampere // Brouqade // Cocoon // Dana Ruh // Dokutoku Records // Growin Music // Janina // KMA60 // Melcure Records // Pressure Traxx // We Play House