Regular club nights and venue information. | Subscribe to the weekly newsletter.
Highlights: Mount Kimbie, The National, Volcano Choir, Omar Souleyman, Le Youth, Mark Lanegan, Gary Numan, The Mighty Stef, Mess It Up...
Good evening Dublin and that’s an order!
The 7-day gig guide to Dublin music and events // November 5th – 11th
If you’re looking for tickets to sold out gigs try #ticketfairy on Twitter.
Ticket freebies this week:
- Omar Souleyman, Toby Kaar @ Button Factory (Thursday)
- Harmless Noise presents The Urges, The Vincent(s), Exploding Eyes @ The Workman’s Club (Friday)
- People Are Saps#2: Romare, Zoid Junior Spesh DJs, !Kaboogie @ The Pint (Friday)
How to enter - Email email@example.com with the gig above in the Subject line you’re entering for along with your full name and phone number in the body of the message. Draw closes at 6pm the day before the gig.
Tuesday November 5th
- Chris Thile @ Peppercanister Church (€21.50)
[Bluegrass] American folk with Punch Brothers’ frontman who is a mandolin virtuoso, composer and vocalist.
- Women’s Murder Club, Lust Lost, Atmospheric Fears @ Whelan’s (€5)
[Rock] Five-piece Dublin rock band joined by the interesting sluggish electronic pop of Lust Lost.
- Mark Lanegan @ The Sugar Club (Sold out)
[Rock] Gravel-voiced rocker. Also playing Wednesday, also sold out.
Wednesday November 6th
- Youngblood Brass Band @ Button Factory (€15t)
[Brass] Riot Jazz 10-piece band.
- Lisa Lemur presents French For Rabbits, Cave Ghosts @ Twisted Pepper (€6)
[Indie] New Zealand dream folk duo French For Rabbits and sunny indie rockers Cave Ghosts
- Movements: Le Youth @ Button Factory (€6-€8, 10:30pm)
[Electronic] R&B/house musician behind C O O L.
Thursday November 7th
- Mess It Up : Movember Exhibition @ RHA Gallery (Free, 7pm)
[Fundraiser] Video. A selection of €25 art prints from renowned creatives. DJ sets from Nialler9 and This Greedy Pig. Free drink, food & more also.
- The Mighty Stef, Knoxville Morning, Screaming Demons Of Trashville @ Whelan’s (€9.75)
[Rock] First of three nights over a month for the Dublin rock ‘n’ rollers.
- Omar Souleyman, Toby Kaar @ Button Factory (€18)
[Dance] Syrian dance musician is amazing live. A must-see. New album Wena Wena is out now.
- U:mack: Enablers, Hands Up Who Wants To Die @ The Grand Social (€5)
[Rock] Heavy rock with spoken word.
- The Curators Club with Perpetual Motion @ The Odessa Club (€12)
[Jazz] Note Productions and Metro Cafe are delighted to announce a new club night for jazz, electronic, and experimental music. First Thursday of the month
Friday November 8th
- Gary Numan @ Button Factory (€25)
[Pop] Electronic pop pioneer
- Beady Eye @ Olympia (€37)
[Rock] Liam and co. Also playing previous night.
- Harmless Noise presents The Urges, The Vincent(s), Exploding Eyes @ The Workman’s Club (€8, WIN TICKETS)
[Rock] Dublin Garage rock, Cork alt-rock and psychedelic rock trio.
- Glenn Jones, Cian Nugent @ Molloy and Dowling Opticians (€12)
[Guitar folk] Instrumental guitar music.
- Slow Skies @ Unitarian Church (€13)
[Folk] Karen Sheridan and Conal Herron’s classical folk atmospherics.
- Ladyfest: Bitch Falcon, Elaine Mai, Miss Elayneous, Toy Soldier & more @ Sweeneys (€7/€5)
[Live] presented by the Irish Feminist Network.
- Fab Friday Beatles Festival @ The Grand Social (€20)
[Classic] Beatles cover bands and DJs. Part of the Dublin Beatles Festival.
- People Are Saps#2: Romare @ The Pint (€10, 10pm, WIN TICKETS)
[Electronic] Juke,house and B-more Plus, Zoid, Jr Spesh djs and !Kaboogie djs
- Jack + POD present: Joris Voorn @ Button Factory (€20, 11pm)
[Dance] Dutch producer with support David Devalera. ‘Ringo’
- Abstract presents Session Victim (Live) @ The Pygmalion (Free, 10pm)
[Dance]German duo’s melodic yet groovy synthesis of deep house and nu-disco
- Damn Son! @ Damson Diner (Free)
[House / disco] Club with Gianni Clifford, Sol O’ Carroll and The Fresh Prince of Kildare.
- MUD: Emergence & Bruce Willis Present Dusky @ Twisted Pepper (10:30pm, €12/€10)
[Dance] Garage-house DJ plus Ickis Mirolo and more.
Saturday November 9th
- Girls Names, Princess, September Girls @ Whelan’s (€12)
[Rock] A night headlined by the Belfast-based indie post-punk band. The New Life.
- Depeche Mode, The Jezabels @ The O2 (€65 up)
[Rock] Classic electronic rock band.
- Volcano Choir @ Vicar Street (€24)
[Indie rock] Justin Vernon and his new band
- Darling @ Whelan’s Upstairs (€10)
[Rock] New pop/rock band formed out of the band The Kinetiks.
- Fenech-Soler @ The Academy 2 (€10.75)
[Electro] Electro pop live band. over 14s show.
- Hidden Agenda: Mount Kimbie, White Collar Boy, The Cyclist @ Button Factory (SOLD OUT, 9pm)
[Electronic] Playing tracks from one of my albums of the year Cold Spring Faultless Youth.
- Pogo & Subject present: Truss @ Twisted Pepper (€2/€10)
[Electronic] HArd-edged techno plus Giles Armstrong, Paudi Ahern and a screening of The Producers.
- Midnight Hour: Guilty Optics @ Whelan’s Upstairs (11:30pm. club entry €10, Free before 10:30pm)
[Rock] Dublin rock band. They say: “a real rock band in a world of blips, bleeps and loop pedals.”
Sunday November 10th
- 12 Sundays: Danny Groenland & The Major 7ths (Live) @ The Bernard Shaw (Free, 9pm)
[DJs/Live] Laid back Sunday vibe.
- The National @ The O2 (€36)
[Indie-rock] The lads everyone over 35 loves to bits hit the big time. Support from This Is The Kit.
- Dublin Beatles Festival Finale @ The Workman’s Club (€12)
[Live] Beatles tribute bands bring the festival to a close.
Monday November 11th
- The Necks @ Whelan’s (€20)
[Rock] Aussie improv trio.
Regular club nights and venue info. | Subscribe to the weekly newsletter.