Now this is more like it isn’t it? ‘Inhaler’ is a decent tune but it strays too close to Audioslave rawk sound for me (not a good reference). That song is a grower though it’s at its best in its percussive rhythmic moments. ‘My Number’ is a whole tune filled with those kind of intricacies and the video supports my theory that in the fractured world of new music, people want to see what their favourite bands look like more than a conceptual music video. This one, is a nice variation on a live performance video. Holy Fire is out on February 8th/11th/12th. There’s a Trophy Wife remix at Pigeons & Planes.
Comments are closed.
- The Gloaming are back in the National Concert Hall for a run in 20174 days ago
- DJ Yoda is doing a Stranger Things DJ set for Halloween in Dublin5 days ago
- David Kitt will release his first album in seven years on New Year’s Day 20175 days ago
- Gig news: Enemies, Rusangano Family, Fantasy 12, Syria Vibes, Nightmares On Wax and more5 days ago
- Dublin is getting a new club space – Wah Wah Club5 days ago
- Slick Rick is playing Dublin6 days ago
- Interstate is a new club night exploring the sound of U.S. cities1 week ago
- Kaytranada won the Polaris Music Prize last night1 week ago
- Skepta was overawed to win the Mercury Prize last night1 week ago
- Canalaphonic stage times are here1 week ago