Now this is more like it isn’t it? ‘Inhaler’ is a decent tune but it strays too close to Audioslave rawk sound for me (not a good reference). That song is a grower though it’s at its best in its percussive rhythmic moments. ‘My Number’ is a whole tune filled with those kind of intricacies and the video supports my theory that in the fractured world of new music, people want to see what their favourite bands look like more than a conceptual music video. This one, is a nice variation on a live performance video. Holy Fire is out on February 8th/11th/12th. There’s a Trophy Wife remix at Pigeons & Planes.
Comments are closed.
- Dilla Love – A J Dilla sample & Influence Spotify playlist
- Premiere: Daithí & Sinead White – ‘Love On Top’
- Listen to a free 32-track compilation of Irish electronic music
- Dublin label Major Problems is releasing Compassion Crew’s comp of “lucky breaks”
- Premiere: Stomptown Brass – ‘(My Duchess Has a Heart of Gold)’
- Major Grave featuring Joni – ‘Changes’
- Generator Live features a great lineup of Irish acts including Daithí, Katie Laffan, Beach and more
- Forbidden Fruit Festival: Tame Impala, Underworld, Jungle, Flume, Kiasmos, Battles & more.
- Women In Music conference in Belfast to feature Jessica Hopper, Annie Nightingale and more
- 10 Album & Song Of The Year nominees make up the Choice Music Prize live event
- The Nialler9 Dublin Gig Guide // Feb 9 – 15
- Melt! Festival additions: Tame Impala, Jean Michel Jarre, Modeselektor & more
- The Last Shadow Puppets announce first Irish gig
- PJ Harvey, Julia Holter & múm with Kronos Quartet among first names for Iceland Airwaves 2016
- Life Festival announces first lineup including Paul Kalkbrenner, 2manyDjs, John Talabot, Ben Klock, Bicep & more
- Managing Creativity is a one day seminar @ Irish Writers Centre about creative projects