Now this is more like it isn’t it? ‘Inhaler’ is a decent tune but it strays too close to Audioslave rawk sound for me (not a good reference). That song is a grower though it’s at its best in its percussive rhythmic moments. ‘My Number’ is a whole tune filled with those kind of intricacies and the video supports my theory that in the fractured world of new music, people want to see what their favourite bands look like more than a conceptual music video. This one, is a nice variation on a live performance video. Holy Fire is out on February 8th/11th/12th. There’s a Trophy Wife remix at Pigeons & Planes.
Comments are closed.
- BARQ – ‘That Thing You Love’
- Listen to the new Death In Vegas album – Transmission
- That Paul McCartney 1985 remix by Timo Maas & James Teej has got an official release
- Hilary Woods – ‘Bathing’
- Wild Beasts get apocalyptically sexy on new song ‘Get My Bang’
- Watch Neon Indian & friends cover Prince’s ‘Pop Life’
- The Beatyard add Boney M, Jape & Rubberbandits
- Interlude Festival announce day-by-day breakdown
- Galway International Arts Festival: Villagers, Dan Deacon, BellX1, Pleasure Beach, Optimo, Suede & more
- The Nialler9 Dublin Gig Guide // May 24 – 30
- Life Festival release stage times & site map
- Boiler Room returns to Dublin on June Bank Holiday Monday
- Stage times for Forbidden Fruit announced
- Paul Simon plays Dublin arena show in November
- Villagers’ Conor O’Brien wins Ivor Novello songwriting award
- Dilly Dally for Dublin show; win tickets before they go on sale
Upcoming Nialler9 Events
Saturday May 21st
Join Nialler9, Gav Elsted and Simon Roche for a new monthly club night of eclectic selections across genres. Electronic to classic pop to italo to indie and beyond.