Regular club nights and venue information. | Subscribe to the newsletter.
Highlights: The Final Richer Collective Party, Iceage, Nils Frahm, Jens Lekman, Forza Italo, TOPS, The Staves, Marina & The Diamonds, Beardyman, First Aid Kit, Father John Misty & NO.
This is the weekly list of recommended Dublin gigs taking place over the next seven days published every Tuesday. All times are 7.30/8pm unless stated. Feel free to recommend events not present in the comments below. If you’re looking for tickets to sold out gigs try #ticketfairy on Twitter.
- Thursday: Jens Lekman @ Whelan’s
- Thursday: Iceage @ Academy 2
- Friday: Nils Frahm @ Unitarian Church
- How to enter – Email [email protected] with your full name, the gig in the Subject line you’re entering for and phone number before 5pm on the day before the gig to enter
Tuesday November 20th
- Ronan O’Snodaigh: A Perspective @ Whelan’s (€14)
Songs from the alum Tonnta Ró.
- Marina & The Diamonds @ Olympia Theatre (€27.90)
Plastic pop primadonna. Wasn’t she here last month?
- United Bible Studies, Mossy Nolan, Ainé O’ Dwyer @ The Workman’s (€8)
Deserted Village’s night of folk and more.
Wednesday November 21st
- The Big Question Music Quiz @ The Grand Social (€10 per head, table of 4)
In aid of Crumlin’s Children’s Hospital.
- Michele Stodart @ The Academy (€13)
The Magic Numbers lady solo.
Thursday November 22nd
- Bantum, Twin Terrace, VerseChorusVerse, Empire Saints @ The Mercantile (Free, ticketed in advance)
Entertainment.ie curated night of Irish music.
- Beardyman @ The Button Factory (€15)
Beatboxing entertainer who can cover anything with ihs new show.
- Jens Lekman @ Whelan’s (€20, WIN TICKETS)
Swedish folk singer/songwriter.
- Iceage @ Academy 2 (€15, WIN TICKETS)
The Danish indie-punks finally make it here after cancelling Camden Crawl.
- Hello Moon, Mumblin Deaf Ro,Biggles Flys Again, Drunken Boat @ Anseo(Free)
Hefty Horse celebrate Anseo’s 10th Birthday celebration
- The Holy Roman Army @ The Workman’s Club (€10)
Launch of the Coffey sibling’s album One Atom That Was You. Stream it.
- Forward/Slash: Spies, Last Days of 1984 @ Twisted Pepper (Free)
Two good Irish bands.
- Junior Spesh & Hidden Agenda: Pillowtalk @ Twisted Pepper (€10, 10.30pm)
San Fran funky house with visuals from Algorithm
Friday November 23rd
- O Emperor, Deaf Joe @ Whelan’s (€15)
Launch of new double A-sided single .
- Nils Frahm @ Unitarian Church (€18.50, WIN TICKETS)
German composer plays his latest album recorded with 9 fingers on piano.
- The Dirty Three, Zun Zun Egui @ Button Factory (€23)
Warren Ellis’ band and Bella Union oddballs.
- Tronix One @ The Fumbally Café (7pm, €5-8)
Launch of new electronic compilation feat. Earráid, Eomac and ZoiD (DJ set), h-ci + OKO, Enda Bates, and David Donohoe, with live visuals from Tim Redfern.
- Twinkranes @ Anseo (€TBC)
Plus DJs for Anseo’s 10th birthday.
- BarryGruff presents: The Statics, The Violet Roadkills, The Wayfarers @ Arthur’s, Thomas House (Free)
Retro indie, alt-rock and folk
- Zech Marquise, No Spill Blood, MeltyBrains? @ The Workman’s Club (€12)
Sargent House label brings the Texas psychedelic rock and fuzzed out synth-rock.
- MUD: DJ Yoda, Kormac @ Twisted Pepper (€18, 10.30pm)
The cut and paste A/V master.
Saturday November 24th
- Breakfast Club @ Dark Horse Inn (7am)
Early morning DJ sets.
- The Final Richter Collective party: The Redneck Manifesto play Friendship, Not Squares, BATS, Enemies, Squarehead.. @ The Button Factory (€15)
Sniff. Don’t miss this. Also featuring The Continuous Battle Of Order, ASIWYFA DJs and Richter DJs.
- Father John Misty, NO @ The Workman’s Club (Sold out)
American folk from former Fleet Fox’ Josh Tillman.
- Champagne Animal @ The Grand Social (€5)
I’ve seen this name somewhere before… Single launch.
- Demdike Stare, Simon Bird @ Twisted Pepper (€15)
Occult soundtrack techno.
- POGO: Ben Klock, Barry Redsettaz, Sweet Jane & more @ Twisted Pepper (€10, 10.30pm)
Berghain resident returns for his regular dose.
Sunday November 25th
- Forza Italo: Kid Machine @ The Odessa Club (5pm)
Italo disco on the terazza.
- Si Schroeder, Chequerboard @ Whelan’s (€8)
Last of a three Sunday residency.
- TOPS, Skelocrats @ The Workman’s Club (€13)
Montreal melodic soft rock. Sweet.
- The Staves @ Whelan’s (€15)
English folk trio who supported Bon Iver last week.
- First Aid Kit @ Vicar Street (€19)
These Swedish sisters are doing well wha?
Monday November 26th
- Ben Folds Five @ Vicar Street (€43)
They’re back. REFORMATION.