The new Prince song is what they call in the soul industry as a baby maker. Prince wants his lady before the first meal of the day and goes heavy on the innuendo to a bumpin’ soulful beat. “Grits and gravy, cheese eggs and jam / Can nobody cook it like you girl / No ma’am!” While it doesn’t quite go as explicit into metaphorical ridiculousness as R Kelly’s celestial sex-obsessed ‘Sex Planet’ (“I’m about to twinkle it / And touch your soul / Once I enter into your black hole” = GROSS), it’s a devilishly good track. As the purple one himself says “Prince is in charge now.” He’s still the dude. The song is available to purchase at 3rdeyegirl.com along with ‘Screwdriver’ and a couple of other tracks. There’s also another site and a Twitter feed involved somehow so maybe Prince has retracted his “the internet is completely over” stance somewhat.
One Response to “Prince – ‘Breakfast Can Wait’”
Leave a Reply
- Nialler9 & Happenings presents: New Year’s Thieves on December 30th
- Listen to a live set from Four Tet in Tokyo
- The Nialler9 Dublin Gig Guide // December 2nd – 9th
- Young Hearts Run Free’s Yule! whopper lineup in Dublin 8 next weekend
- Win tickets to Saturday @ Other Voices Dingle
- Daniel Avery and Erol Alkan for Dublin Phantasy Sound label show
- Watch Inni-K’s ‘Find Your Beat’ as Gaeilge video and book her for your Christmas party?
- Early bird tickets for Indiependence and Castlepalooza available for Christmas