The new Prince song is what they call in the soul industry as a baby maker. Prince wants his lady before the first meal of the day and goes heavy on the innuendo to a bumpin’ soulful beat. “Grits and gravy, cheese eggs and jam / Can nobody cook it like you girl / No ma’am!” While it doesn’t quite go as explicit into metaphorical ridiculousness as R Kelly’s celestial sex-obsessed ‘Sex Planet’ (“I’m about to twinkle it / And touch your soul / Once I enter into your black hole” = GROSS), it’s a devilishly good track. As the purple one himself says “Prince is in charge now.” He’s still the dude. The song is available to purchase at 3rdeyegirl.com along with ‘Screwdriver’ and a couple of other tracks. There’s also another site and a Twitter feed involved somehow so maybe Prince has retracted his “the internet is completely over” stance somewhat.
- Body&Soul Announces Wonderlust Stage: Goldie, Anderson, Anna B Savage, Ye Vagabonds & more
- Mitski to kick off Irish tour in Dublin
- Play piano like Nils Frahm with his new sheet music book
- The Beatyard add Boney M, Jape & Rubberbandits
- Interlude Festival announce day-by-day breakdown
- Galway International Arts Festival: Villagers, Dan Deacon, BellX1, Pleasure Beach, Optimo, Suede & more
- The Nialler9 Dublin Gig Guide // May 24 – 30
- Life Festival release stage times & site map
- Boiler Room returns to Dublin on June Bank Holiday Monday
- Stage times for Forbidden Fruit announced
Upcoming Nialler9 Events
Saturday May 21st
Join Nialler9, Gav Elsted and Simon Roche for a new monthly club night of eclectic selections across genres. Electronic to classic pop to italo to indie and beyond.