The new Prince song is what they call in the soul industry as a baby maker. Prince wants his lady before the first meal of the day and goes heavy on the innuendo to a bumpin’ soulful beat. “Grits and gravy, cheese eggs and jam / Can nobody cook it like you girl / No ma’am!” While it doesn’t quite go as explicit into metaphorical ridiculousness as R Kelly’s celestial sex-obsessed ‘Sex Planet’ (“I’m about to twinkle it / And touch your soul / Once I enter into your black hole” = GROSS), it’s a devilishly good track. As the purple one himself says “Prince is in charge now.” He’s still the dude. The song is available to purchase at 3rdeyegirl.com along with ‘Screwdriver’ and a couple of other tracks. There’s also another site and a Twitter feed involved somehow so maybe Prince has retracted his “the internet is completely over” stance somewhat.
- Win tickets to Sea Sessions Festival
- The Nialler9 Dublin Gig Guide
- Canalaphonic Festival returns in September
- Pacino’s At Night to close programme with Plump DJs this month
- Support Breathe, a charity album for Pieta House
- Longitude add 45 acts: Run The Jewels, Daughter, Diplo, Kurt Vile, Kelela, Christine & The Queens…
- Forbidden Fruit announce: Pusha T, Leftfield, Kerri Chandler, Brame & Hamo & more
- The Lumo Club DJ Chart
- Forbidden Fruit afterparties featuring Jungle, Groove Armada, Jackmaster, Tiga & more
- Castlepalooza announce new acts including Daphni, New Jackson, Slow Readers’ Club, Steve Davis…
Upcoming Nialler9 Events
Saturday May 21st
Join Nialler9, Gav Elsted and Simon Roche for a new monthly club night of eclectic selections across genres. Electronic to classic pop to italo to indie and beyond.