Regular club nights and venue information. | Subscribe to the newsletter.
Email for free entry:
- Sunday February 14: Valentine’s Special: Sing Your Heart Out @ MVP (€5)
How to enter free entry comps – Email [email protected] with the gig above in the Subject line you’re entering for along with your full name and phone number (for late contact) in the body of the message. Full info on each show below. Draw closes at 6pm the day before the gig or Friday 1pm latest for weekend gigs.
Tuesday February 9
- Rozi Plain, Rosa Nutty @ The Workman’s Club (€10)
[Indie/folk] Dreamy English folk from This Is The Kit band member and band.
- Ruby Sessions: Elm / Dermot Kennedy / Pearse McGloughlin (as Nocturnes) / Matthew Ellison @ Doyle’s (€6, 9pm)
[Acoustic showcase] Read my interview with Conor Ruby Sessions.
Wednesday February 10
- Foals, Everything Everything @ 3Arena (€31+)
[Indie/Rock] Biggest show to date for the English band.
- Suede @ Olympia Theatre (€45+)
[Rock] Britrock’s poetic sibling performing new album in full followed by Greatest Hits.
Thursday February 11
- SearchLight Showcase 2016 @ Button Factory (Free)
[Showcase] 12 bands playing live across 3 stages! 12
- Mongoose, Neev Kennedy @ Abner Brown’s Barber Shop
[New Irish music] Part of the Women in Music series.
- Roisin Murphy, Mother DJs @ Olympia Theatre (Sold out)
[Electro/pop] Last album Hairless Toys is a textured ambient pop wonder.
- Attention Bébé @ Bull and Castle (Free)
[Covers] Excellent fun 90s covers band.
- Gigonometry presents Able Archer, The Choir Invisible, Cut Once, Johnny Rayge @ The Workman’s Club (€5/€8)
[Showcase] New music showcase.
- I Draw Slow @ Whelan’s (€15)
[Folk/roots] irish folk and roots band.
- Mother’s Róisín Murphy Afterparty @ Copper Alley (€10, €8 with ticket, 10:15pm)
[Club] Ms. Murphy and Mother afterparty.
Friday February 12
- Mystery Jets @ Whelan’s (€17.35)
[Indie] Five albums deep from the UK band.
- Pleasure Beach @ The Workman’s Club (Sold Out)
[Indie] Not bad for a band with only a debut EP.
- Cian Nugent and the Cosmos [email protected] Grand Social (€10)
[New Irish] Check out his album Night Fiction. w/ Al McKay (Dick Diver), Bad Sea & DJ Daniel Fox (Girl Band)
- Boogie An Domhain’s Lover’s Weekend @ The Bernard Shaw (Free)
[DJ] Strictly 45s in this genre hopping jamboree that celebrates the art of moving butts!
- State’s Faces of February: Katie Laffan, AE Mak,The Witch Trails @ Whelan’s Upstairs (Midnight, guestlist)
[New Music] Showcase of new Irish music from State.ie.
- Frank Turner And The Sleeping Souls @ The Academy (Sold out)
[Folk/pop] UK singer-songwriter
- Twin Headed Wolf @ Unitarian Church (€15 with CD)
[A capella Folk] The Long Decay (CD Launch)
- Fleetmac Wood presents I See Your Gypsy @ The Sugar Club (€10/€15, 10pm)
[Dance] Fleetwood Mac DJ tribute all night of edits and originals.
- KiNK @ District 8 (€20, 11pm)
[Dance] Check out KiNK’s latest tracks.
- Abstract & Bedlam present Job Jobse @ Opium Rooms (€10, 11pm)
[House/techno] booker of Trouw/ residency at the club Drukpers
- Mr Scruff @ Button Factory (€20, 9pm)
[Dance] 5 Hour DJ set from Mr Scruff.
- Sim Simma Carnival 2016 @ Wigwam (€7, 11pm)
[dancehall/reggae] Born Cheating in the basement playing tribute to the music of Carnival in Rio, Trinidad and Notting Hill.
- Hertz U, Spectrum, Marcus Intalex @ Hangar (€11, 11pm)
[Electronic] Drum and bass/ techno and cans.
Saturday February 13
- Thirty Four Saturdays: Wounded Healer @ Thirty Four (Free, 2pm)
[Live] Watch Sorca Ships play her solo material live.
- The RnB Club All Day Party @ multiple venues incl. Button Factory Tengu(6pm – late, €10+)
[Live] MC Melodee Live at Button Factory & The RnB Club DJs at Tengu. Plus optional dinner before for €30.
- Love Me Tinder @ The Bernard Shaw (Free, 5pm)
[DJs] Swipe right for dancing and loads of people looking at the people in front of them on their phones.
- Sinead White, Saramai @ Abner Brown’s Barber Shop
[New Irish music] Part of the Women in Music series.
- FOX.E and the Good Hands, Rosa Nutty @ Whelan’s (€8)
[Women In Music] A part of Abner Brown’s Barbershop Women In Music series.
- Irish Electronic Label Night @ Berlin (Free)
[Electronic] Lime Street Music, Marvis Dee.
- Retro Revival Indie Club w/ Squarehead + Switzerland + Thumper & Surfin’ Surfers @ Sweeney’s (9pm, €6)
[Rock] Garage-rock, indie and guitar music.
- AE Mak @ Sin É (Free, 9pm)
[Pop] Impressive duo inspired by Tune-Yards and African vocals.
- Midnight Hour: Wolff @ Whelan’s Upstairs (guestlist, Midnight)
[Rock] Formerly Johnny Stewart.
- All Fur No Knickers – Pink Swagger @ Secret Location (11pm, €16)
[party] Hunt & Gather’s annual Valentine’s party.
- Burning Up @ The Grand Social (Free, 11pm)
[Disco DJ] Kelly-Anne Byrne’s monthly disco night.
- Sense with Low Steppa @ Button Factory (€12.50, 11pm)
[Dance] Bass music.
- Crookers [email protected] Rooms (€15, 11pm)
[Dance] Big on the Electro scene a few years back.
- Hidden Agenda Presents: Watermat[email protected] 8 (€18, 11pm)
[Dance] Not Bakermat. French dj & producer. Bullit.
- Mother: feat. Get Down Edits @ Copper Alley (€10, 11pm)
[Club] Plus resident Ruth Kavanagh.
Sunday February 14
- Valentine’s Special: Sing Your Heart Out @ MVP (€5, WIN PASSES)
[Singalong] Sing along to 80s ballads with Sing Along Social and Simon Lumo Club.
- Suicidal Tendencies @ The Academy (€26)
- August Wells @ The Workman’s Club (€10)
[Folk] Alice Dear Alice.
- Funk Actually w/ Danny G & the Major 7ths,Zaska @ Bello Bar (€5/€8)
[Soul/jazz] A sophisticated Valentine’s.
- Ennio Morricone @ 3Arena (€86+)
[Composer] Soundtrack master who recently soundtracked the Hateful Eight.
Monday February 15