FRIDAY APRIL 5TH
- GZA @ Cyprus Avenue (7.30pm, €25)
The Genius of the Wu-Tang Clan blesses Cyprus Avenue with his presence as part of his Irish run of dates.
- Xylouris White @ Dali (8pm, €12)
George Xylouris and Dirty Three man Jim White return to Cork after a triumphant set a few years back at the PLUGD-era Triskel Arts Centre.
- Hot Cops & Junk Drawer (9pm, €10)
Double-headline gig from Belfast DIY outfits, plus the debut of Culture Night, a project described by member Darren Keane as ‘Cork’s answer to Guided By Voices’.
- Inni-K @ Coughlan’s (9pm, €15)
Indie-folker Eithne Ní Chatháin and collaborators launch her second album, ‘The Hare and the Line’. One to get to.
- FoxJaw @ DeBarra’s (10.30, free)
Limerick alternative veterans head out to DeBarra’s for one of their first live excursions in a while, ahead of new material and gigging in 2019.
- Stevie G & JusMe @ Cyprus Avenue (11pm, €7)
A celebration of hip-hop serves as the GZA afterparty at the same venue, as Cork’s godfathers of the genre team-up for a special session.
- DUSKY @ Dali (11pm, €18)
London-born house duo head to Dali as part of a run of Irish dates and after a phenomenal few years of touring and releases.
SATURDAY APRIL 6TH
- Songs for the Homeless @ Patrick Street (10am, donations)
UCC Music and Simon Community societies come together for an open-air showcase of campus musical talent in aid of the latter’s ongoing activities in the city.
- Collides @ Fred Zeppelin’s (8.30pm, €5)
Waterford four-piece hit the upstairs of Parliament Street’s rock outpost for a live excursion. Plus: The Last Vinci and Kill ‘Em Charlie.
- Fish Go Deep @ Dali (10pm, €12)
Greg and Shane take another dive into their vault of house, new and old, for their monthly trip to Carey’s Lane.
- Wired Deep @ Cyprus Avenue (11pm, €8)
Techno and house upstairs on Caroline Street, and the last chance for a dance before exam season hits in earnest.
SUNDAY APRIL 7TH
- Mockie Ah! Dragathon @ The Roundy (2pm, €5/donations)
A ten-hour marathon of drag performances, DJ sets and workshops to help fund the Haus of Mockie Ah as they head to the continent for Superball.
- Backroad Smokers’ Club + Anomaly DJs @ The Poor Relation (8pm, €6)
Jazz/funk/psych outfit are doing some serious hard yards this weekend with a four-date national tour in the same weekend. Also: Alex Gough and the Anomaly lads give us a scaled-down set of tunes from their burgeoning series of nights.
- Blind Poets @ Coughlan’s (8pm, €10)
Crossover folk-rockers head to Coughlan’s to launch their debut album after a busy two years of gigging and festivals.