THURSDAY OCTOBER 18TH
- Frankenstein Bolts @ The Roundy (8.30pm, €10)
Wexford dream-poppers come to the Roundy via local collective The Electronic Folk, having done the rounds of the festival circuit and landed on Spotify’s ‘Breath of Fresh Éire’ playlist.
- Fleece @ Dali (10pm, €5)
The three boys get behind the wheels of mechanised steel for another Carey’s Lane gig.
- Teddy Cream @ Cyprus Avenue (11pm, €12.50)
Melbourne house duo take a stop upstairs on Caroline Street.
FRIDAY OCTOBER 19TH
- Cork Sexual Violence Centre Fundraiser @ An Spailpín Fánach (7pm, €5)
Elaine Malone, Phillip Punch and Gadget & The Cloud line out for a special Connolly Youth Movement gig in aid of Cork Sexual Violence Centre.
- Cork Sound Fair Launch Night 1 @ The Roundy (8pm, €5)
Launching year two of the festival over a weekend, CSF team up with Plugd Records to host US based DJ, producer and hardware aficionado Bill Converse, supported by Cork residents Calspar Romulan and Darren Li, for night one.
- Daoirí Farrell @ Sirius Arts Centre, Cobh (8pm, €15)
Singer, bouzouki player and BBC Folk Awards winner plays the first of two nights in Cork, at Cobh’s Sirius Arts Centre.
- Vinyl Below @ Dali (10pm, €tbc)
Fresh off their fourth birthday party, the Vinyl Below residents kick off their fifth year with a resident’s night upstairs in Dali.
- The Big Lovin’ @ DeBarra’s (10.30pm, free)
Self-proclaimed pop revivalists hit Clonakilty running after a busy summer of festivals.
SATURDAY OCTOBER 20TH
- Doppelganger: Cork Zine Fest @ St. Peter’s (2pm, free)
Local zine merchant Oriane Duboz hosts workshops, a zine library and talks from DIY musicians like Declan Synnott (Horse) and Natalia Beylis (Woven Skull).
- Movember Cork Launch @ Connolly’s of Leap (6pm, €10)
Start growing those Mo’s the right way, with live appearances and DJ sets from Mix and Fairbanks, Stevie G, Eddie Kay and more.
- We Cut Corners @ Cyprus Avenue (7.30pm, €12.50)
Three-time Choice Prize nominees play Cyprus Avenue as part of a round of Irish gigs celebrating their new LP Impostors.
- Kris Drever @ Coughlan’s (7.30pm, €17)
An extra date for a sold-out show from the BBC’s Folk Singer of the Year 2017, with John Blek in support.
- Cork Sound Fair Launch Night 2 @ The Roundy (8pm, €5)
For the second day of CSF’s launch weekender, the crew have assembled a billing of artists working in live leftfield electronics, featuring Baltic, Howlbux, African Fiction and Oniso.
- Daoirí Farrell @ Levis’ of Ballydehob (8pm, donations)
Acclaimed singer and bouzouki player comes to Ballydehob for an Over the Shop Counter session at the village venue.
- Lowlek @ Crane Lane Theatre (9pm, free)
Live alt-funk (broadly speaking) from the seemingly slept-on Corkonian six-piece.
- Bastardo Electrico’s 16th Birthday @ Dali (9pm, €tbc)
Jamie Behan celebrates sixteen years of bringing techno to Cork City with a special guest appearance from Irish legend/Tinfoil man Sunil Sharpe.