The Low Sea are a little known Galway-based band made up of Billie and Bobby D who have been seducing people with their hazy, spaced-out electronic-infused shoegaze dream-pop. Fans of Hope Sandoval and Mazzy Star will love them.
Having recently signed to Lefse Records (home to Neon Indian, Phaseone) , I’m surprised I haven’t seen much about them yet. That’ll change when the band release their debut EP on the label. In the meantime, the band have an album Las Olas available. They do a mean cover of The Velvet Underground’s ‘Sweet Jane’ (hear it below). Here, Low Sea introduce themselves with some 3×3 facts and you can hear some tunes below too.
Three things we should know about Low Sea
- Low Sea self-released its debut album Las Olas 2 months ago. It’s limited to 250 copies and is available through our myspace site or digitally.
- Low Sea are not from Ireland.
- Listening to Low Sea can make you feel drowsy…
Three favourite things about Galway
- The sea – we live right on the sea and regularly enjoy sipping a Martini or two on the beach.
- The great big Wolfhound who jogs through town with a bell around his neck.
- 24 hour party people.