SATURDAY AUGUST 24TH
- Paradox and more @ An Spailpín Fánach (7pm, €10)
A stacked line-up of local heaviness as Leeside grunge godfathers launch new single ‘Here Comes the Pain’, with Red Sun Alert and more in tow.
- Hexis @ Fred Zeppelin’s (8pm, €10)
Danish black-metal/hardcore fusionists continue a world tour that takes in over a hundred dates in a few months (!) with a Cork date upstairs in the red room on Parliament Street.
- Vinyl Below @ Dali (10pm, €12)
The Carey’s Lane residents return for a quiet-months dose of house and techno.
- Strange Attractor @ DeBarra’s of Clonakilty (10.30pm, free)
Dingle funk-poppers make a trip to the West Cork folk outpost for some late-night proceedings.
- Jive @ Cyprus Avenue (11pm, €7)
The blurb for this simply reads ‘Techno DJs”. So, there you have it.
SUNDAY AUGUST 25TH
- First Class and Coach @ Levis’ of Ballydehob (8pm, pass-the-hat)
West Cork indie/electronica, channeling NYC scene veteranship and Berlin performance art.
- Doc Rotten @ Fred Zeppelin’s (8pm, €7)
US punk-rockers stop on Parliament Street while on Irish excursion. Audible Joes and more in support.
- The Love Movement @ The Roundy/PLUGD (8.30pm, €7)
Not often we have covers on these pages, but when the Cuttin’ Heads assemble a seven-piece band to do the best of A Tribe Called Quest, well, that’s an event.
- EOIN @ DeBarra’s of Clonakilty (9.30pm, free)
Mononymic, Joe.ie-endorsed singer-songwriter returns to DeBarra’s for a week-closing gig.