Seeing as Culture Night takes place on Friday, here’s a list of events worth looking at in Dublin. All events are Free unless stated otherwise.
- Quiet Music Ensemble, Kirkos @ Contemporary Music Centre (5pm)
- I Sound Alive: John Kelly, Julie Feeney, Kevin Brew, Caoimhin O’Raghallaigh @ Mahaffy House, Nth. Great George’s Street (8pm-9.15pm, limited)
Interview with John Kelly and musical guests.
- Adultrock (8pm), Nanu Nanu (8:30pm) The Flaws (9:15pm) @ The Lab, Foley Street (8pm)
Free night of music on Pearse Street alongside films, exhibitions, talks and workshops.
- Silence / Sound @ The Joinery (7pm)
Silence / Sound is a collaboration between film-maker Pat Collins and sound designer Tadhg O’Sullivan that presents a unique sonic version of Collins’s recent debut feature film Silence.
- Arkeye scores Metropolis @ Court House, Bray
Electronic artist Alan Williams aka Arkeye performs a score to the classic film Metropolis.
- Donal Lunny and Band @ Ranelagh Arts Centre (€)
- Music Network @ The Coach House, Dublin Castle (9pm)
Traditional Irish music and jazz
- The Hot House Flowers @ Wind Mill Lane Studios
will play in Studio 1 on Culture Night and the engineers will be available to answer questions on the recording process and the diverse range of artists who passed through its doors.