Some really interesting clips and photos were coming out of the DRC Music Tumblr while the western musicians led by Damon Albarn were recording in the Democratic Republic of Congo. The full team of producers who are: Damon Albarn, T-E-E-D (Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs), Dan The Automator, Jneiro Jarel, Richard Russell, Actress, Marc Antoine, Alwest, Remi Kabaka, Rodaidh McDonald and Kwes spent five days working with Congolese musicians last month and the album Kinshasa One Two, which was recorded for Oxfam will be released digitally via Warp Records on September 30th with a CD/vinyl release to follow on 4th November. 50 local performers contributed to the recording,.
Proceeds from the album will benefit the local performers and Oxfam’s work in Congo.
1. Hallo featuring Tout Puissant Mukalo and Nelly Liyemge
2. K-Town featuring N’Gotshima and Bebson
3. African Space Anthem (A.S.A) featuring Ewing Sima of Tout Puissant Mukalo
4. Love featuring Love
5. Lingala featuring Bokatola System and Evala Litongo
6. Lourds featuring Yende Bongongo of Okwess International
7. Respect Of The Rules featuring Loi X Liberal
8. We Come From The Forest featuring Bokatola System
9. Customs featuring Bokatola System
10. Virginia featuring Magakala Virginia Yollande and Yowa Hollande
11. Ah Congo featuring Jupiter Bokondji and Bokatola System
12. Three Piece Sweet part 1 &2 featuring Bebson
13. If You Wish to Stay Awake featuring Washiba
14. Departure featuring Bokatola System