The Mercury Music Prize has revealed the 12 albums nominated for this year’s prize.
The nominations were revealed on BBC Six Music today.
The list of albums:
Fergus McCreadie – Forest Floor
Gwenno – Tresor
Harry Styles – Harry’s House
Jessie Buckley & Bernard Butler – For All Our Days That Tear the Heart
Joy Crookes – Skin
Kojey Radical – Reason to Smile
Little Simz – Sometimes I Might be Introvert
Nova Twins – Supernova
Sam Fender – Seventeen Going Under
Self Esteem – Prioritise Pleasure
Wet Leg – Wet Leg
Yard Act – The Overload
Albums by British or Irish artists with a UK release date between 17 July 2021 and 15 July 2022 are eligible for the 2022 Prize.
All nominated albums have to be entered for consideration by the label or artist.
The winner of Mercury Prize 2022 with FREE NOW will be announced on September 8th in London.
Last year’s winner was Arlo Parks.
Judges for 2022
- Anna Calvi – Musician & Songwriter
- Annie MacManus – Broadcaster & DJ
- Danielle Perry – Broadcaster & Writer
- Hazel Wilde (from Lanterns on the Lake) Musician & Songwriter
- Jamie Cullum – Musician & Broadcaster
- Jamz Supernova – Broadcaster & DJ
- Jeff Smith – Head of Music, 6 Music & Radio 2
- Lea Stonhill – Music Programmer, Radio X
- Loyle Carner – Musician & Songwriter
- Phil Alexander – Creative Director, Kerrang!/Contributing Editor, Mojo
- Tshepo Mokoena – Music Writer & Author
- Will Hodgkinson – Chief Rock & Pop Critic, The Times.
- The Chair of the judging panel is Jeff Smith.