Loose Joints is new podcast hosted by Nialler9 and Sally Cinnamon talking to people about the music they love: old and new. For our first episode, we are joined by DJ, artist and photographer Aidan Kelly.
We discuss what really goes on in the DFA house, the majesty and tragedy of Amy, the return of Jazz music, Aidan’s desire to have a cup of tea with Liz Fraser in Bewley’s, why Sally thought Talking Heads were a band for kids and why Paul Simon would make a great secondary school teacher. Some NSFW language in there too.
- Emmanuelle – Italove (Niall)
- De La Soul – Trainwreck (Aidan)
- Yves Tumor – The Feeling When You Walk Away (Sally)
- Breakup song: Amy Winehouse – Love Is A Losing Game (Aidan)
- Breakup song: Bill Withers – Hope She’ll Be Happier With Him
- Anderson Paak. – Celebrate (Niall)
- A song that reminds you of good times: Sack – In Flight (Aidan)
- Lower Dens – Real Thing (Sally)
- Favourite song of the year: Plaid – Clock (Aidan)
- Favourite singer: Elizabeth Frazier – Mazzy Star – Pur (Aidan)
- Serpentwithfeet – four ethers
- An underappreciated song: Paul Simon – Late in the evening (Aidan)
Special thanks to Sean Corcoran for facilitating recording.