MONDAY FEBRUARY 20TH:
- Nope. No music as usual on a Monday night. What a curious recurrence.
TUESDAY FEBRUARY 21ST:
- Karl Blau @ Cyprus Avenue (9pm, €15)
Northwestern indie hero gone country/Americana troubadour tours Ireland supporting new album ‘Introducing Karl Blau’.
WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 22ND:
- #CorkLovesMusic @ Coughlan’s (8pm, SOLD OUT)
The first in a series of talks and performance events on music in Cork, with the support of First Music Contact. Speakers include Ian Ring (Young Wonder), Angela Dorgan (FMC), Joe Kelly (Live at St. Luke’s) and Ellie O’Byrne (Irish Examiner), and music from Sillk, The Sunshine Factory and Ghostking. Tickets booked out online, possible limited space on the door at 8pm.
THURSDAY FEBRUARY 23RD:
- Midge Ure @ Cork Opera House (8pm, €36)
Ultravox/Visage synth-pop icon stops into the Opera House on his Something from Everything Tour, performing a song from each of his bands’ and solo albums.
FRIDAY FEBRUARY 24TH:
- Lonely & the Moose @ Levis’ of Ballydehob (8pm, pass-the-hat)
Baltimore, Cork/New York duo joining forces after lengthy solo careers take to Levis’ for an Over the Counter show. Pass-the-hat admission, in through the back door, please.
- Roesy @ Connolly’s of Leap (9pm, €10)
Singer-songwriter comes back from Australia for an Irish tour, including a stop under the famous hammers at Leap.
- Soul Funktion @ The Sextant (9pm, “always funky, always free”)
Mister Fork and Aidan Quigley dig through their collections of funk, soul, afro, disco and boogie at the quayside beer garden.
- Ninetoes @ Cyprus Avenue (11pm, €15)
A Leeside appearance for house workhorse Ninetoes, an accidental superstar whose hit ‘Finder’ began life as a slow-tempo hip-hop excursion.
SATURDAY FEBRUARY 25TH:
- UrbanAssault Festival @ An Spailpín Fánach (2pm, €15/€5 u-18s ’til 7pm)
A metal all-dayer featuring a comprehensive homegrown lineup, among them Clonmel sludgers zhOra, Cork doom-metal outfit Soothsayer, and Leeside black-metallers Demeter.
- Masquerade at the Mardi Gras @ Connolly’s of Leap (8.30pm, €8)
Quangodelica, a fifteen-headed beast landing somewhere between the legendary sessioners of the genre and the Magic Band, go under the Hammers with support from the Great Western Ballroom DJs.
- Hiva Oa @ Crane Lane Theatre (9pm, free)
- One of State’s Faces of 2017 plays a Cork date at the Crane, following the release of extended-player ‘mk.2.’.
- Killekill x Bastardo Electrico @ Cyprus Avenue (11pm, €14)
Alienata and Rave or Die label man Umwelt are joined by newly-unretired Bastardo Electrico co-founder Luca Janos in a special night, co-presented by Berlin label/collective Killekill.
SUNDAY FEBRUARY 26TH:
- Sunday Times @ The Bowery (8pm, free)
It’s residents’ night for the Sunday Times posse, after a successful Galway/Cork excursion in January. Get those dancing shoes on.
- Jeff Scroggins & Colorado @ Levis’ of Ballydehob (9pm, pass-the-hat)
Some Sunday night bluegrass in a pass-the-hat affair, fronted by two-time National Banjo Champion Jeff Scroggins.