The 7-day gig guide to Dublin music and events.
If you’re looking for tickets to sold out gigs try #ticketfairy on Twitter.
Ticket freebies this week:
- Fossil Collective @ The Academy 2 (Wednesday)
- u:mack, Nialler9 and Choice Cuts present: Shangaan Electro @ The Sugar Club (Thursday)
How to enter – Email [email protected] with the gig above in the Subject line you’re entering for along with your full name and phone number in the body of the message. Draw closes at 6pm the day before the gig.
Tuesday October 15th
- Sex Mob @ The Workman’s Club (€22)
[Experimental jazz] Performing the music of Nino Rota. “post-modern waltzes mutating into dub-echoed free jazz.”
- Duke Special @ The Sugar Club (€17.50)
[Piano pop] Duke and friends sing the songs of American songwriter Harry Nilsson.
Wednesday October 16th
- Lady Lamb The Beekeeper @ The Sugar Club (€12.50)
[Folk] straight-arrow modern American folk music lead by Spaltro’s lively voice.
- AlunaGeorge, MØ @ The Academy (€17.50)
[Electro-pop] Double bill of UK/Danish alt-pop.
- Johnny Flynn and the Essex Wit @ Whelan’s (€15, Sold out)
[English folk] Plus guest Marika Hackman.
- Fossil Collective @ The Academy 2 (WIN TICKETS)
[Folk] With support from Story Books & The Young Folk.
- Le Ton Mité, Declan Q Kelly, Clang Sayne @ Molloy And Dowling Optician’s (€5, 7pm)
[Dance] American multi-instrumentalist – ‘Les Frites’ + Instrument workshop.
- Movements: Star Slinger (€8/6, 11pm)
[Dance] UK-based producer / DJ has just released the first track from his debut – ‘Free’.
Thursday October 17th
- Maud In Cahoots, Leanne Harte @ Whelan’s (€10)
[Folk-pop] Orchestral folk pop as heard on ‘Breakdown’.
- u:mack, Nialler9 and Choice Cuts present: Shangaan Electro @ The Sugar Club (€15, 8pm, WIN TICKETS)
[Dance] Ultra-fast dance music from Soweto with DJs Nialler9, Dj Scope and a film screening.
- Corner Boy @ Whelan’s (€10)
[Folk] Winners of the Red Bull Bedroom Jam 2013.
- Junior Spesh: Ghosts, Jet Setter, Fears, Ben Bix @ Twisted Pepper (€8/€5, 10pm)
[Dance] All Irish lineup of burgeoning talent.
- OTR presents The Dub Doctor @ Twisted Pepper box room (€5, 10:30pm)
[Dub] Dub vibrations with support from D-fens / Couch Crew
Friday October 18th
- Mixtapes From The Underground, Luke B @ The Workman’s Club (Free)
[Hip-hop] New album and a grittier sound for the UK duo.
- UNSPOKEN: Stano @ Meeting House Square (€10, €5 unwaged)
[Experimental] Spoken word performance from the electronic musician. A 40 minute collaborative performance between Stano and acclaimed guitarists, Sean Coleman (EELS, Mark Eitzel) and Dutch jazz player, Jeen Rabs (Ray Charles, Harry Connick).
- Barry McCormack, Mumblin Deaf Ro @ National Concert Hall Kevin Barry Room (€25)
[Singer-songwriter] Launch of new album Cut Throat Lane.
- Gangs @ The Grand Social (€10)
[Rock] With support from Otherkin and Other Creatures.
- Punch Face Champions @ The Mercantile (€5 entry or €10 with CD)
[instrumental rock] Launch of decent new EP XXXV. Guests: Laminate.
- Cocaine Ponytail @ The Sugar Club (€5 entry or €10 with CD)
[Electronic pop] Launch for album of future music frim the’80s
- Deptford Goth @ Unitarian Church (€12)
[Alt] Spectral R&B from Daniel Woodhouse.
- Songs for Chernobyl featuring Neon Wolf, Knoxville Morning and Oddsocks Revival @ The Odessa Club (€10)
[Charity] Funds go to Chernobyl Children International.
- Gesaffelstein @ Button Factory (€15, 11pm)
[Dance] Sinister French techno.
- No Monster Club @ Whelan’s (Free if you leave a comment, Midnight)
[Rock] Indie rock trio extend their North American one to a World one with a homecoming show playing songs from upcoming their Foie Gras LP.
Saturday October 19th
- Toejam Carboot Sale @ Moxie Studios (Noon, Free)
Part of the Beatyard..
- Banter: A 25 year retrospective chat with Fish Go Deep @ Twisted Pepper (6pm)
[Talk] With host Jim Carroll.
- Private Underground Residence, Lurch, Crowhammer @ Siteation, Little Britain Street (€10, BYOB,)
[Alternative] Cork alternative rock with dirge and Kraut rock support.
- Lisa O’Neill @ Whelan’s (€12)
[Folk] Launch of second album Same Cloth or Not.
- MGMT @ Olympia Theatre (SOLD OUT)
[Rock] Psych rock not at all pop so get used to it.
- The Maladies 10 year reunion gig @ The Grand Social (€10)
[Indie] Featuring members of Villagers, Cathy Davey’s band, Tieranneisaur, Squarehead and The Amazing Few. Plus a copy of the band’s only album.
- The Beatyard: Fish Go Deep, Blondes, Adultrock @ Twisted Pepper (€15/€12, 11pm)
[Dance] Techno 25 Anniversary show for the Cork dance act, NY hypnotic electronica and Gavin Elsted’s all-hardware electronic show.
- The Barley Mob @ The Village (€10)
[Reggae/folk pop] Album launch.
- Hidden Agenda: Snakehips, Forrests, The Third Policeman @ Button Factory (€10, 11pm)
[Dance] London-based production behind ‘On & On‘ plus Dublin ambient electronic duo.
Sunday October 20th
- 12 Sundays: Shane Mannion @ The Bernard Shaw (From 3pm, Free)
[Live/DJs] Six hour set.
Monday October 21st
- Elliott Smith 10-year Anniversary Night in Aid of Console @ Whelan’s (€10)
[Rock] Niamh Farrell (Ham Sandwich), Ollie Cole, Dave Mc Guinness, Barry O Brien, Cat Dowling, Fiach Moriarty, The Young Folk , Edisons, Eamon Brady, John Byrne & many more to be announced.