Email to be in the draw for free entry:
- Wednesday: 12 Points at MusicTown: World Service Project, Mixtapes from the Underground @ Meeting House Square
- Friday: REWS, Stich Jones @ Whelan’s Upstairs
- Sunday: Basia Bulat, The Weather Station @ The Workman’s Club
How to enter free entry comps – Email [email protected] with the gig above in the Subject line you’re entering for along with your full name and phone number (for late contact) in the body of the message. Full info on each show below. Draw closes at 6pm the day before the gig or Friday 1pm latest for weekend gigs.
Tuesday April 12
- Live at The Barbershop featuring Minnie and the Illywhackers @ Waldorf Barber (Free, BYOB)
[Musictown] vaudeville ukulele swing
- Ruby Sessions @ Doyle’s (€6, 9pm)
[Acoustic showcase] Read my interview with Conor Ruby Sessions.
Wednesday April 13
- Giant Sand and Jason Lytle (Grandaddy) @ Whelan’s (€30)
[Rock] 30 year tour from “fuzzed out, alternative bad-asses” & friend. Transponder.
- Carron @ The Grand Social (€5)
[Folk/pop] Celtic-influenced folk-pop outfit – Marble Arch.
- 12 Points at MusicTown @ Meeting House Square (€5, WIN TICKETS)
[Jazz] World Service Project/Pixel/Mixtapes from the Underground
- Low Sea @ Whelan’s Upstairs (€10)
[Synth] synth pop of a very European nature
- Live at The Barbershop featuring The Funkilicious District Daze @ Bedford Barber (Free, BYOB)
[Musictown] District Daze EP.
Thursday April 14
- Dermot Kennedy @ The Sugar Club (€13)
[Folk/pop] An Evening I Will Not Forget has 135k plays on Spotify.
- Good Name: Kojaque LIVE @ The Bernard Shaw (Free)
[Hip-hop] Listen to his new Sunday Roast mixtape feat. Faye O’Rourke.
- Trad Rising: Lynched, Twin Headed Wolf, Skippers Alley @ Button Factory (€15)
[Musictown] + Ye Vagabonds, Landless, Danny Diamond and Slow Moving Clouds
- Continuous Drift @ Meeting House Square (6pm – 8pm, Free)
[Musictown public sound installation] Control different compositions that play back from eight loudspeakers, New works.
- Arbours @ Abner Browns (Free, BYOB)
[Musictown] somewhere between folk and chamber pop.
- Gigonometry: Easy Tide, Tuath, Katie Laffan & Farah Elle @ The Workman’s Club (€5/€8)
[New Irish showcase] Eclectic live Irish music.
Friday April 15
- September Girls, Fierce Mild & Spines @ The Grand Social (€10)
[Rock] Launch of album Age Of Indignation.
- Mark Lettieri Trio (Snarky Puppy) & The Funky Knuckles @ The Sugar Club (€17.50)
[Musictown] elongated instrumental jams with back-up band
- Damien Jurado, Siv Jacobsen @ Whelan’s (€20)
- REWS, Stich Jones @ Whelan’s Upstairs (€7, WIN TICKETS)
[Harmonic rock pop] Shake Shake new single.
- Goldenplec presents: Feather, Profound @ The Workman’s Club (€8/€10)
[Afro/Hip-hop] eight-piece futuristic Afro soul band.
- Zehr Gut #1 – Dana Ruh (Cocoon) @ Bar Tengu (€10, 10pm)
[Dance] a series of events promoting German musicianship from Homebeat / The Goethe Institut
- Stee Downs @ Opium Rooms (€5, 11pm)
[Electronic] EP launch. This Greedy Pig Takeover in Garden.
- Seth Troxler @ District 8 (€22, 11pm)
[Dance] Respected big personality DJ with a killer selection.
- Maurice Alexander @ The Grand Social (€tbc, 11:30pm)
[Dance] one of the founders of Cold Tonic alongside Krystal Klear,
- Jeroen Search, Techno & Cans + Connection @ Hangar (€10/€15 , 10:30pm)
[Club] Techno DJs.
Saturday April 16
- The Irish Youth Music Awards National Day @ Aviva Stadium (€20)
[Youth awards] Young performers gigs, panels and workshops – read my interview
- Music in Motion: Mongrel State, Kicking Bird @ The Central Library (Free but booking reqd, 2pm)
[Talk/panel] An afternoon of music, song and chat.
- RSD Instore @ All City Records (All-day)
[Record Store Day] “Tunes, balloons, sandwiches, cake, smiles, balloons (again) n shit” DJ sets.
- Record Store Day @ Little Gem (2pm)
[Record Store Day] Live music promised.
- RSD @ Tower Records (All-day)
[Record Store Day] Live music from September Girls, Fangclub, Wolff, Black Bank Folk, The Young Folk and Bantum.
- Rufus Coates & the Blackened Trees @ Avenue (€10)
[Album Launch] Dark and atmospheric blues/folk band
- Betty x All City @ The Bernard Shaw (Free, 6pm)
[Live score] Chris Holten, All City Fam, Cian O’Connell, DJ Deece, Karl Delaney, Duncan Ukiyo
- Minimum Maximum: David Kitt, I Have A Tribe, AE MAK, Katharine Philippa @ Dublin Food Co-Op (Sold out / 20 tickets on door only, 9pm, BYOB)
[Musictown] 20 tickets on the door at 9pm sharp.
- Banter – in conversation with Neneh Cherry @ National Gallery of Ireland (7pm, €5.50)
[Talk] With DJ set later in Wigwam
- Crash Ensemble featuring Iarla O’Lionaird, Adrian Crowley and Linda Buckley @ NCH (€18)
[Musictown] Music inspired by Irish language and text from across age and genre:
- State’s Faces of April: Aik J, Ruth, Tebi Rex @ Whelan’s Upstairs (guestlist, Midnight)
[New Irish showcase] Monthly music showcase from State Magazine.
- A Tribute to Levon Helm – The Band @ The Sugar Club (€17.50)
[Tribute] All proceeds go to The Irish Cancer Society.
- Telephones @ Bar Tengu (€5+, 10:30pm)
[Dance] + The Record Spot – Dublin DJs in room 2.
- Neneh Cherry (DJ Set) @ Wigwam (€13/€15, 10pm)
[MusicTown] Following a talk earlier, A Dj set from the singer
- Daithí @ Opium Rooms (€20, 11pm)
[Dance] Love On Top is his current jam.
Sunday April 17
- Sonic Whispers: Bitch Falcon, Bunoscionn, Wounded Healer @ Whelan’s Upstairs (€15)
[Musictown] A collaboration between artist & audience – read my interview.
- Basia Bulat, The Weather Station @ The Workman’s Club (€14, WIN TICKETS)
[Indie/alt/folk] Fool / Montreal singer-songriter /musician
- Singalong Social: Divas edition @ MVP (7:30pm, Sold out)
[Musictown] Chase away the fear by singing along to Whitney, Mariah, Celine, Aretha and Adele, among many others.
- A Secret Life – Visions of Bowie @ The Grand Social (€10)
[Musictown] Musical theatre piece.
Monday April 18
- Mission Of Burma @ Opium Rooms (€18)
[Rock] Boston American rock band
- The Lumineers @ Olympia Theatre (€33.50+)
[Pop] Look, it is what it is. 2/2 nights.