Highlights: Young Hearts Run Free Easter Rising, Lapalux, Goldenplec: Coast To Coast charity gig, Wild Belle, Good Friday Barn Dance, Windings, The Gospel according to Matthew J Anthony, Pal Joey, Raime.
Ticket freebies this week:
A pair of passes to Cole Medina @ Sugar Club (Sat) and Pal Joey @ Sugar Club (Sunday). Full details of each show and how to enter below.
- How to enter – Email [email protected] with the gig above in the Subject line you’re entering for along with your full name and phone number in the body before 5pm the day before the gig to enter. You can enter into as many as you like but only one entry/email per gig.
If you’re looking for tickets to sold out gigs try #ticketfairy on Twitter.
Tuesday March 26th
- Simple Minds @ Olympia Theatre (€40-50)
[Rock/pop] It was the 29th anniversary of The Breakfast Club date on Sunday so if they don’t play ‘Don’t You Forget About Me‘ well…
Wednesday March 27th
- Johnny Marr @ Olympia Theatre (SOLD OUT)
[Rock] That lad from the Smiths/ Modest Mouse/Cribs.
- Bruce Willis: Lapalux @ Lost Society (€8)
[Electronic] Brainfeeder’s elegant music producer (stream his new album) with support from Cillo & Craddock.
- Movements: T Williams @ The Button Factory (€6/8, 11pm )
[House] UK producer. Soundcloud.
Thursday March 28th
- Biffy Clyro @ The O2 (€36.50)
[Rock] The Scottish band play the big venue in support from City & Colour.
- Windings @ The Odessa Club (€8)
[Rock] Limerick band capitalise on Meteor Choice Prize buzz for their recent album.
- The Young Folk @ Whelan’s (€6 in advance / €10 on door)
[Folk] Pastoral alt-country band. Support Gentry Morris and Sinead White.
- Buffalo Woman @ The Fumbally (€8)
[Show] Performer Neil Watkins joined by Donagh Molloy, Sean Millar and Zoe Reardon.
- Junior Spesh: Holy Thursday @ Twisted Pepper (€7)
[Dance/indie] Irish music showcase: Come On Live Long, Meltybrains?, Simon Bird, Ickis Mirolo, Replete, Lemonada, We Arrive Alive & more.
Good Friday March 29th
- Barn Dance IV: Le Galaxie, Delorentos, The Riptide Movement, Phil Kieran, DJs and more @ Secret Location outside Dublin (€53, buses leaving Dublin)
[Mini festival] 3 stages, 30 acts for charity Give2Go.ie.
- The Long Good Friday @ Seomra Spraoi (€10/€7, BYOB)
[Electronica] PCP. Richie !Kaboogie, Antrophe and more DJing.
Saturday March 30th
- Wild Belle @ Academy 2 (€12.50)
[Indie/pop] Debut album doesn’t live up to the promise of killer tunes ‘Keep You’ / ‘It’s Too Late’ but worth a look live.
- Goldenplec: Coast To Coast: Raglans, Elaine Mai, Shadowplay, The Dirty 9s @ Whelan’s (€8/€10)
[Indie/rock] Finale of the Down Syndrome Ireland fundraiser which sees the GP team meet a band for tea and toast in each county of Ireland before coming back to this gig.
- Mother: Donal Dineen @ Copper Alley (Cheaplist €5)
[DJ] Irish music don DJs, Ivan Varian also plays.
- The Beat @ The Workman’s Club (€22.50)
[Ska] The ‘Mirror In The Bathroom’ 2-tone band
- RSAG, The Kilo @ Mabos (BYOB, Members Only)
[Percussive Rock] Rare show from Jeremy Hickey with live visuals all night.
- Cole Medina @ The Sugar Club (€10, 11pm, WIN TICKETS)
[DJ] ‘Cole Loves Your Insides Out’ Bee Gees edit from the well-respected LA DJ.
- Diskotekken: Morgan Geist Hipdrop Collective perform D’Angelo’s Voodoo @ Twisted Pepper (€14/€12, 10.30pm)
[Soul/funk/hip-hop] New Jersey dance producer – ‘Ruthless City’ Plus Mixtapes From The Underground & more
Easter Sunday March 31st
- 12 Easter Sunday: Le Galaxie DJs, Handsome Paddy @ The Bernard Shaw (Free)
[DJs] Plus regulars from early.
- Daley @ The Sugar Club (€18)
[R&B] Manchester singer of neo-soul pop. ‘Alone Together’ // this was wrongly listed as last week on TSC website.
- For Jaysis Sake: The Notas, Princess, Hawklion & more @ The Workman’s Club (Free, 5pm)
[Indie-rock] Six bands for free on Easter Sunday.
- Young Hearts Run Free Easter Rising: Alasdair Roberts, Peadar Ó’Riada, Mossy Nolan @ The Fumbally (€15)
[Eclectic/folk] Plus a screening of Hannah Cohen’s Holy Communion.
- Listen at Lilliput @ The Lilliput Press, 63 Stoneybatter, (€8, BYOB)
[experimental] A showcase of musical work in an intimate and sympathetic listening environment.
- The Gospel according to Matthew J Anthony @ Smock Alley (€10)
[folk-indie] The band Life After Modelling return to a live stage in another guise.
- Con Artist: Raime (A/V set) @ Twisted Pepper (€14)
[Electronic/industrial] The Blackest Ever Black duo play a seated A/V set. Dark music. Boiler Room set.
- Melodic: Aril Brikha @ The Grand Social (€15/€12 advance. 11pm)
[Techno/house] ‘Forever Frost’.
- Justin Martin, Catz ‘n’ Dogz @ Button Factory (€17/€15 advance. 11pm)
[Dance] San Francisco/Polish house producers on the dirtybird label.
- Pal Joey @ The Sugar Club (€10, 11pm, WIN TICKETS)
[DJ] Underground NYC house anthems. Hot music.
- Ben Sims, Not Your Girlfriend @ Twisted Pepper (€15/€13 advance. 11pm)
[Dance/club] Techno producer / launch of Galway club in Dublin.
Monday April 1st
- Tandem Felix @ The Grand Social (€5)
[Rock] Atmospheric indie band launch their debut album Popcorn. Support from Spies.