MONDAY MARCH 6TH & TUESDAY MARCH 7TH:
Nothing at all in terms of original tunes on either of these days. Quieter about town than usual…
WEDNESDAY MARCH 8TH:
- GASH Collective International Women’s Day Party (6.00pm, donations)
An early start on a school night for a massive celebration of women in Cork music, fundraising for Abortion Rights Campaign. That roster in full: Eilis Collins, Leah Hearne, Izabela Szczutkowska, Vicky Langan, Kelly Doherty, Aoife Conway, Lisa Lemur, Rosyln Steer, Senita Appiakorang, Máire O’Herlihy, Aisling O’ Riordan, Ellen King.
- Zolala Klub @ Siopa Gan Ainm, Coal Quay (7pm, free)
An eclectic selection of talks and performances for International Women’s Day, headed up by a live solo performance from Morning Veils’ Roslyn Steer.
- CIT Battle of the Bands @ Cyprus Avenue (8.30pm, €2)
The first heat of CIT Music Society’s annual band contest, featuring four upcoming alt-rock/indie acts.
THURSDAY MARCH 9TH:
- The Burma @ Coughlan’s Live (9pm, free)
Jangle-pop in a contemporary vein, Cork youngfellas The Burma hit the road ahead of a new E.P. and a busy summer.
- Footnotes @ The Friary (9pm, free)
Cork’s midweek disco and general dancery night continues from strength in the city’s biggest little venue.
- Declan O’Rourke @ DeBarra’s Clonakilty (9pm, €20)
Dublin singer-songwriter heads out to Clonakilty for a session in the town’s famed Folk Club.
FRIDAY MARCH 10TH:
- James OR @ Coughlan’s Live (8pm, €6)
Cork singer-songwriter launches new single ‘Berlin’, in a special, intimate show at Coughlan’s.
- Stomptown Brass @ Cyprus Avenue (8pm, €12.50)
Ten-piece big-band outfit hit the road in Cork for a two-day stint, looking to move past the festival-band label.
- Bitch Falcon @ Connolly’s of Leap (8.30pm, €10)
Dublin alt-rockers hit the road and head to Cork for two nights in support of new single ‘Clutch’. Support on night one comes from alt-rockers Paradox.
- Techno Fridays @ Cyprus Avenue (11pm, €6)
Fridays equal techno at Techno Fridays. This time around – Philip Deasy, Paul Kav, and Darren O’Hara at the decks.
SATURDAY MARCH 11TH:
- Cat Meat @ Levis’ of Ballydehob (8pm, pass-the-hat)
Power of Dreams man Ian Olney returns to live performance as part of alt-country outfit Cat Meat.
- Bitch Falcon @ Cyprus Avenue (9pm, €10)
Dublin alt-rock trio continue their two-day jaunt in Cork with a city date. Hardcore four-piece Horse in support.
- Under a Plastic Cloud 5th Anniversary @ Gulpd Cafe (9pm, free)
A big, big birthday for the Plastic Cloud residents for this month’s Gulpd Cafe excursion.
- Jackson & Deasy @ CUBE (11pm, free)
Greg Jackson and Philip Deasy serve up an eclectic selection of house, techno, minimal and related sounds.
- BICEP @ Cyprus Avenue (11pm, €20)
House music, you say? Why, yes. Right this way. Belfast DJ duo and guests provide for the evening.
SUNDAY MARCH 12TH:
- Hammellontrial @ Levis’ of Ballydehob (7.30pm, pass-the-hat)
US anti-folk/punk-rock journeyman returns to Ireland, including a date at the Ballydehob acoustic hub. Support from Clive Barnes.