Though the Jazz festival has blown past in a haze of straw hats and street parties, the music shows no signs of stopping, with an eclectic selection to wind down even the sorest of post-festival heads.
TUESDAY NOVEMBER 1ST
- Buzzcocks @ Cyprus Avenue (9pm, €22.50)
Punk legends continue their 40th anniversary tour in Cork.
- O’Rourke/Dunlea Quartet @ Coughlan’s (9pm, €10)
Trombonist Paul Dunlea and renowned New York based guitarist/arranger, David O’Rourke perform selections from their recently released album ‘FRATERNAL’.
WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 2ND
- Stephen Murphy @ Cyprus Avenue (11pm, €10)
Remix specialist’s debut live outing in an audiovisual show.
THURSDAY NOVEMBER 3RD
- Kristin Hersh @ Triskel Christchurch (8pm, €22)
Throwing Muses frontwoman tours new album/book ‘Wyatt at the Coyote Palace’.
- Blind Boy Paxton @ Cyprus Avenue (8pm, €15)
Traditional, storytelling blues from the hotly-tipped young troubadour.
FRIDAY NOVEMBER 4TH
- Huw Warren @ Triskel Christchurch (8pm, €30)
Welsh pianist, composer and educator with a wide and varied body of work.
- Oh Pep! @ Coughlan’s (9pm, €12)
Australian pop-folk duo stop by in Cork on the Irish leg of an extensive EU tour.
SATURDAY NOVEMBER 5TH
- Vanbrugh Quartet @ Triskel Christchurch (1pm, €5)
World-travelled quartet play the Triskel’s first annual String Quartet Day.
- Cian Finn @ Connolly’s of Leap (9pm, €10)
Dub-reggae Galwegian lugs his sound-system to Leap. Strictly rub-a-dub inna pub.
SUNDAY NOVEMBER 6TH
- Open Mic @ The Friary (7pm, free)
Eclectic open-mic evening, open to performers of all genres; musical, spoken word, or otherwise.
- Saint Sister @ Cyprus Avenue (8pm, €10)
Self-styled “atmosfolk” duo take to Cyprus Avenue for an early Sunday show.