Darkstar hopped from the eminent Hyperdub label to the legacy-laden Warp Records this year for their forthcoming album News From Nowhere (due February 2013). ‘Timeaway’ was a sidestep from the the band’s debut North. The new single ‘Amplified Ease’ however appears to be picking up the baton from the Merriweather Post-Pavilion era of Animal Collective before they went off to make queasy psychedelia. I love the mantric live version performed at The Asylum in London above but you can also hear the bouncier studio version below. Darkstar play The Button Factory on February 22nd.
Comments are closed.
- The Beatyard add Boney M, Jape & Rubberbandits
- Interlude Festival announce day-by-day breakdown
- Galway International Arts Festival: Villagers, Dan Deacon, BellX1, Pleasure Beach, Optimo, Suede & more
- The Nialler9 Dublin Gig Guide // May 24 – 30
- Life Festival release stage times & site map
- Boiler Room returns to Dublin on June Bank Holiday Monday
- Stage times for Forbidden Fruit announced
- Paul Simon plays Dublin arena show in November
- Villagers’ Conor O’Brien wins Ivor Novello songwriting award
- Dilly Dally for Dublin show; win tickets before they go on sale
Upcoming Nialler9 Events
Saturday May 21st
Join Nialler9, Gav Elsted and Simon Roche for a new monthly club night of eclectic selections across genres. Electronic to classic pop to italo to indie and beyond.