Darkstar hopped from the eminent Hyperdub label to the legacy-laden Warp Records this year for their forthcoming album News From Nowhere (due February 2013). ‘Timeaway’ was a sidestep from the the band’s debut North. The new single ‘Amplified Ease’ however appears to be picking up the baton from the Merriweather Post-Pavilion era of Animal Collective before they went off to make queasy psychedelia. I love the mantric live version performed at The Asylum in London above but you can also hear the bouncier studio version below. Darkstar play The Button Factory on February 22nd.
Comments are closed.
- Hudson Mohawke – Valentine’s Slow Jams mix is back for volume 9
- Listen to Solar Bears’ John Kowalski’s Amour Mix Volume 3
- Album of the week: King – We Are King
- You should spend Valentine’s night singing along to some ’80s power ballads
- Listen back to last night’s TXFM show: A J Dilla special
- John Hammond Spotify playlist: an influential force in popular music
- Generator Live features a great lineup of Irish acts including Daithí, Katie Laffan, Beach and more
- Forbidden Fruit Festival: Tame Impala, Underworld, Jungle, Flume, Kiasmos, Battles & more.
- Women In Music conference in Belfast to feature Jessica Hopper, Annie Nightingale and more
- 10 Album & Song Of The Year nominees make up the Choice Music Prize live event
- The Nialler9 Dublin Gig Guide // Feb 9 – 15
- Melt! Festival additions: Tame Impala, Jean Michel Jarre, Modeselektor & more
- The Last Shadow Puppets announce first Irish gig
- PJ Harvey, Julia Holter & múm with Kronos Quartet among first names for Iceland Airwaves 2016
- Life Festival announces first lineup including Paul Kalkbrenner, 2manyDjs, John Talabot, Ben Klock, Bicep & more
- Managing Creativity is a one day seminar @ Irish Writers Centre about creative projects